Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 2014 - With Pictures

Si600

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1391618266' post='2359310']
I won't necessarily just be providing coffee/tea/milk/biccies, if there's anything I have stashed away that no one else is bringing and might be of use then I'll see what I can do closer to the date but I have a fairly small collection and most things will be already covered. If it hasn't been sold by then maybe the active USA precision deluxe, don't see a vast number of those around? Also in other larger bass gatherings some folks have brought along gear that they wanted to sell, I assume this is still allowed irrespective of the new BC sales [s] tax[/s] policy? if its only a small number then chances are slim of actually offloading anything but don't see an issue with people pitching up with unwanted pedals and other bits? Maybe someone can bring along a PAT tester and we can get all our gear done for a year? ;)
[/quote]

I was going to ask about a trade/sale/swaps table/rack but got distracted by some work... :)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1391618266' post='2359310']
I won't necessarily just be providing coffee/tea/milk/biccies, if there's anything I have stashed away that no one else is bringing and might be of use then I'll see what I can do closer to the date but I have a fairly small collection and most things will be already covered. If it hasn't been sold by then maybe the active USA precision deluxe, don't see a vast number of those around? Also in other larger bass gatherings some folks have brought along gear that they wanted to sell, I assume this is still allowed irrespective of the new BC sales [s] tax[/s] policy? if its only a small number then chances are slim of actually offloading anything but don't see an issue with people pitching up with unwanted pedals and other bits? Maybe someone can bring along a PAT tester and we can get all our gear done for a year? ;)
[/quote]

Hi Kev,

We can chat nearer the time, and between us we'll make sure we have everything we need.

I see no problem with bringing stuff for sale, but will check with the BC Skippers.

Good to see a meet that is quite local to me.

I plan on being there.
Got a few basses, but may only bring one or two.

5 String Wal
Warwick Ltd Edition Fretless.

I've got some t-shirts to sell, too.
Scratchplates for Jazz, Precision, Stingray?

Hopefully see you all there.

Very happy to give "web shelter" to Basschat's photoblog, now that this site's own blog has disappeared - I've got a few other Bashes covered in my Wordpress account. But I won't be able to attend the bash, so a draft of any writeup, as well as the photos, will have to be provided by one of you guys who actually will attend :)
Keep me posted!
:i-m_so_happy: :sun_bespectacled:

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1391767120' post='2360995']
Very happy to give "web shelter" to Basschat's photoblog, now that this site's own blog has disappeared - I've got a few other Bashes covered in my Wordpress account. But I won't be able to attend the bash, so a draft of any writeup, as well as the photos, will have to be provided by one of you guys who actually will attend :)
Keep me posted!
:i-m_so_happy: :sun_bespectacled:
[/quote]

Thanks Sylvia! We'll get a write up sorted

Updated list:

1. Si600 - No gear, I expect to be too busy and I've nothing exotic or interesting!
2. Roland Rock - '78 P, W&T Ergon 5, Rocket Rig or GlockenRig
3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark
4. Pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG V Sig, lots of effects, EBS/Barefaced rig (possibly)
5. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)
6. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build
7. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc
8. andydye (if I can get agreement from swmbo) - ACG 5'er fretted and fretless, MarkBass LMIII, EAD Foundation 212, some pedals
9. DaytonaRik - Ashdown ABM III 1x15 combo and 2x10 extension cab, another Thunderbird IV, Schecter Omen Extreme IV, maybe a Cort (I think?) headless Flying V if I do something with it in time!
10. seashell - Fender P
11. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp
12. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless

Edited by Roland Rock

Hell yes! Many thanks for getting this one going, guys.

Updated list:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Si600 - No gear, I expect to be too busy and I've nothing exotic or interesting![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Roland Rock - '78 P, W&T Ergon 5, Rocket Rig or GlockenRig[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG V Sig, lots of effects, EBS/Barefaced rig (possibly)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. andydye (if I can get agreement from swmbo) - ACG 5'er fretted and fretless, MarkBass LMIII, EAD Foundation 212, some pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9. DaytonaRik - Ashdown ABM III 1x15 combo and 2x10 extension cab, another Thunderbird IV, Schecter Omen Extreme IV, maybe a Cort (I think?) headless Flying V if I do something with it in time![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10. seashell - Fender P[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]12. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes. [/font][/color]

Edited by GrammeFriday

You're over the dozen and counting, so a quick word from the SouthEast BassBash collective experience ... try to have a 'quiet room' available if you can.

With a handful of people it's not really an issue, but as the numbers mount the noise levels tend to increase exponentially (oh, alright, you know what I mean!).

The room with the basses and rigs will quickly become aggressively loud and wearing on the ears, so people will need a chance to rest their ears, talk to each other normally, and have a cup of tea and a Danish pastry.

Depending on prices, if you can also have one further room with a resident drummer (plus kit, natch) and a 6-string then people wanting to try basses in a band situation will have that option.

Enjoy!

Cheers for that advice HJ. I've been to an SE Bash, and had thought of a jam room with a house band and raffles etc, but TBH, as a first event I didn't expect this level of interest!

The main atrium is just outside the door and we're able to use that as a milling space, plus we have an external door to the car park if the weather is clement.

Edited by Si600

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1391782828' post='2361230'] so people will need a chance to rest their ears, talk to each other normally, and have a cup of tea and a Danish pastry.[/quote]

[i]Danish Pastry? Dainish [b]f***ing[/b] Pastry? [/i]This isn't the soft shandy drinking south east you know... ;)

1. Si600 - No gear, I expect to be too busy and I've nothing exotic or interesting!
2. Roland Rock -
3. 4-string-thing -
4. Pantherairsoft -
5. KevB - Tea and biscuits
6. Chairleg - I will bring my Italia Maranello and (possibly) one of those build-it-yourself bass kits I put together.
Edited by Si600, 04 February 2014 - 08:13 AM.

Hmmm......lets try that again....

3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark
4. Pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG V Sig, lots of effects, EBS/Barefaced rig (possibly)
8. andydye (if I can get agreement from swmbo) - ACG 5'er fretted and fretless, MarkBass LMIII, EAD Foundation 212, some pedals
9. DaytonaRik - Ashdown ABM III 1x15 combo and 2x10 extension cab, another Thunderbird IV, Schecter Omen Extreme IV, maybe a Cort (I think?) headless Flying V if I do something with it in time!
10. seashell - Fender P
13. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.
14. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.

Edited by Chairleg

10. seashell - Fender P
13. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.
14. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.
15. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112

10. seashell - Fender P
15. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112
16. Prime_BASS - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0, barefaced S.Compact some effects.

Edited by Prime_BASS