Why become a member? ×

SOLD KSD proto-j 605 SOLD
£400

tbonepete

For sale or trade is my KSD proto-j 605, its a 5 string jazz a like, in classic sunburst with tort pickguard.
Its a 35" scale with 3/4" string spacing, and features a 2 band EBS preamp with mid gain/high cut switch. Great finger style and slap sounds. A high mass bridge is also present, and the bass comes with a gig bag, its serviceable but in light of this it's collection only. The bass is in Norwich, and the kettle is usually on!!!.
It's lightly used, but in tidy condition, with just some very light dings (that dont come out with my camera), and swirls commensurate with being played, but not abused!
Cash wise I'm after £400, or trade wise I'm interested basses. I'm not really sure what sort of bass, so try me would be the best bet!!!, as long as it's a 34" scale, 4,5, or 6 string, passive or active I could be interested!. Condition is more important to me than age of bass, so pm me with your offers.
BATTERY BOX REPLACED, AND JACK SOCKET TOO!!! :)

[attachment=153447:015.jpg][attachment=153448:019.jpg][attachment=153449:016.jpg][attachment=153450:017.jpg][attachment=153451:018.jpg]

Thanks for looking,
Cheers Pete

Edited by tbonepete

Pm's replied to,
Its a great bass with a strong output and a very clear, but not harsh tone. the highs really sparkle, think Miller type sound (could be the EBS pre?), and the bass is warm and full without being muddy. Mid gain/high cut switch is very musical, and allows the switch between a killer slap tone, and full on fingerstyle funk "on the fly"!
To answer a couple of questions that have been asked, the bass weighs slightly more than my am deluxe jazz v, but the difference is really small. What it loses with the gain in weight over the Fender is it has no neckdive on the strap, and a bass that balances is more comfortable than a lighter one that doesn't (well to me anyway!).
The bass will come with a serviceable gigbag, and a new battery box fitted (when it arrives to me).NOW DONE :)
You're welcome to come and try, (kettle will be on!!!).
A bass is my preference for a trade, but if you have £400 cash in your hand I won't turn you away! hehe!!!
Pm me what ya got.
Thanks for looking
Cheers Pete

Edited by tbonepete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bubinga5, thanks for your post , I hadnt seen the video before. It pretty much nails the slap sound, although I think the bass in the video has the std pre in it as the finger style with the EBS pre sounds more refined to my ears. But a cool find anyway.
Many thanks

cheers Pete

Hi Minty fresh death,
Im not sure of the weight as the scales are knackered, but its marginally heavier than my jazz v. Scale is 35" as per the first post. It balances well on the strap though and that was more important to me.
All welcome to try, but as stated the bass is in Norwich although id be willing to travel a little way for the right trade ( no long distances or posting as its a cheapish bass).
Thanks for the questions.

Cheers Pete

Sorry I dont. Its a small white box with the ebs logo on and made in sweden. Its also says high cut/mid gain on the front. This is actuated by the toggle switch and gives a healthy dose of mid boost whilst cutting the high frequencies. The stacked bass/treble works as normal and the blend does just that, not like my fender which is more like a switch! The basses were originally sold by bernie goodfellow of GB guitars fame and he installed the pre as he was an EBS stockist. I cant find any reference to onboard pres on their website now so I assume its no longer available.
Hope that helps.
cheers Pete

[attachment=154658:1604626_697362053629296_1708859304_n.jpg][attachment=154659:ibby 1005389_698279160204252_1013337086_n.jpg][attachment=154660:ibby 1620940_698279260204242_1483296411_n.jpg][
attachment=154661:ibby 1898071_698279226870912_890444910_n.jpg] hello pete I fially managed to get some pics.
pm your way