Funky Dunky

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1390674133' post='2348249']
As I'm nowhere near you either, here's a link to a good tutorial:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te44eWXd9pc[/media]

Keep us informed about how it goes
[/quote]

Good video, nice and simple!

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1390653599' post='2347930']
I don't know if this is a gear issue or a technique issue so mods, feel free to relocate this to the appropriate forum.

Whenever I play, the harmonics at the 9th fret keep sounding, regardless of where on the neck my left hand is fretting.

My Squier VM PJ has a pretty high action - it hasn't had a set up yet because I don't have fifty quid to spare right now lol. Is my issue related to this, or simply something to do with bad technique?
[/quote]

Can I just go back to your original question...

You say the harmonics continue. So is this where you hold your fretting finger lightly over the string and pluck the string over the pup with the other hand. The harmonic note is played and it continues even after you've removed your fretting hand from the neck/string?

If this is what you mean, this is normal. This is why the harmonic is used by some folk for tuning the guitar; using the fact that the note doesn't stop.

Learning to do a set-up is desirable, but nothing to do with the harmonics happening in this way.... unless I'm missing something.