Why become a member? ×

I wonder why his sales fall through.......

It's that really charming guy who used to pop up on BW again

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-DELUXE-PRECISION-BASS-ACTIVE-cash-only_W0QQitemZ200124032390QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-DELUXE-PRECIS...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

C

Oh, forgot to mention, the case in the photo will also cost the winner an extra £65. Who's he calling a cheapskate.....?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-GUITAR-CASE_W0QQitemZ200123117446QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-PRECISION-BAS...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

C

[quote name='Telebass' post='24295' date='Jun 28 2007, 09:58 AM']Doesn't have a clue...2 pickups, BOTH are humbuckers, not one![/quote]

Its just one humbucker isn't it?
The other is just a standard split single coil!?

Si

Edited by Sibob

Ha ha.........I can't believe this clown is still trying to sell the chuffing bass. How long ago was it we spotted him on BW? Months ago, and he's still trying to sell it. He's a total pillock, and as great as the bass is, I wouldn't buy it from him if it was the last bass on earth. Someone on BW actually defended him, saying they knew him, and that he was a really nice guy, well, I don't give a toss, if that's how he addresses potential buyers, he can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Idiot.

[quote name='Sibob' post='24310' date='Jun 28 2007, 10:17 AM']Its just one humbucker isn't it?
The other is just a standard split single coil!?

Si[/quote]

Si, the P bass pickup is in fact a humbucking design. Not in the same way as a soap bar or a big fat humbucker but nonetheless it does 'humbuck' - That is why there is no cycle hum on a P bass wheras on the front pickup of a jazz there is. I wouldn't have expected this seller to have known that - he can't spell and sounds a complete loboff

[quote name='Rayman' post='24317' date='Jun 28 2007, 10:27 AM']Ha ha.........I can't believe this clown is still trying to sell the chuffing bass. How long ago was it we spotted him on BW? Months ago, and he's still trying to sell it. He's a total pillock, and as great as the bass is, I wouldn't buy it from him if it was the last bass on earth. Someone on BW actually defended him, saying they knew him, and that he was a really nice guy, well, I don't give a toss, if that's how he addresses potential buyers, he can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Idiot.[/quote]

What I really dislike about him is that he's clearly a dealer (albeit probably an extremely poor one) who tries to give the impression he's selling his own instruments. He says he paid 'over a grand' and that it's only been 'gigged five times'. I expect he paid in the region of £300 for it and that he's one of those sad guys who spends all day scanning ebay for BIN bargains he can sell on at a profit (there's a couple on BC as well I'm afraid to say). I suspect that as this is I think the second time the sale of this bass has fallen through, there's something wrong with it (or the seller), and each buyer has backed out legitimately.
Horrible colour anyway :)
Chris

This guy is on a different ebay account now, wonder why he stopped trading under snakermusic, someone on bassworld said he was a nice guy to deal with and that he actually delivered the bass personally, but he's somebody I wouldnt fancy buying off, the fact he's changed his ebay account is enough to put me off, think he works in customer service?

[quote name='kevbass' post='24442' date='Jun 28 2007, 02:22 PM']This guy is on a different ebay account now, wonder why he stopped trading under snakermusic, someone on bassworld said he was a nice guy to deal with and that he actually delivered the bass personally[/quote]

Yup that was me and I'll tell you why. I have his mobile and his landline. I can speak to him and he delivers in person, so I can inspect the bass and pay cash when I'm happy. I have no worries about Paypal, cheques or delivery. Do I know where the bass comes from? No, but neither do I know the origins of a lot of stuff I buy on ebay. I do know a genuine Fender though.

I don't give a toss about his sales technique. It's absolutely abysmal I agree, but if that puts potential bidders off, leaving me to pick up a bargain after putting in a bit of effort to check out his background then I hope his patter gets even worse. Previously his items were on auction rather BIN, which made getting bargains a lot easier.

He's never going to be my friend, I don't know him personally, I don't care if his sales fall through and I'm not defending him. I did, however, buy a brand new Precision with tags and case for under £400. Maybe I treated him like Oxfam?

[quote name='Muppet' post='24579' date='Jun 28 2007, 06:31 PM']Yup that was me and I'll tell you why. I have his mobile and his landline. I can speak to him and he delivers in person, so I can inspect the bass and pay cash when I'm happy. I have no worries about Paypal, cheques or delivery. Do I know where the bass comes from? No, but neither do I know the origins of a lot of stuff I buy on ebay. I do know a genuine Fender though.

I don't give a toss about his sales technique. It's absolutely abysmal I agree, but if that puts potential bidders off, leaving me to pick up a bargain after putting in a bit of effort to check out his background then I hope his patter gets even worse. Previously his items were on auction rather BIN, which made getting bargains a lot easier.

He's never going to be my friend, I don't know him personally, I don't care if his sales fall through and I'm not defending him. I did, however, buy a brand new Precision with tags and case for under £400. Maybe I treated him like Oxfam?[/quote]

Can't argue with that Steve. Sounds like you got a good bass of the guy at a good price, it shows he's genuine. I just hope he made a loss :)
Chris

He's doing himself no favours and if there are bargains to be had then it would be rude for us not to take advantage! Maybe he's grumpy because he started off having to give stuff away, but I for one am not going to tell him how to write an ebay ad. He's genuine, just rubbish at selling on ebay.

but I don't want that P deluxe though..;-)