Why become a member? ×

The new 2014 Fender Rumbles

throwoff

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1395347254' post='2401485']
It's an omission on the site. The spec sheet I got with my Rumble 40 also has the headlines for the 1/2/500 combos and they all feature a 1/8" headphone out :)
[/quote]

Cheers for that. Looks like one more option to put back on my list of possible amps.

Well, my perception is that Fender are a going thru the motions brand and their best stuff
was from eons ago...certainly on the amps side.
Maybe they bought GB to stimulate the brand and incorporate respected kit from the GB range
to boost Fender's .. and get rid of a creditable competitor to boot..

So, little more than a GB re-badge exercise..??

But with the rise of Aguilar, they may have been left behind in the blocks as they now have the
vintage thoroughbred ground now, IMO..

[url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-amp-heads/pid32029/cid685/fender-rumble-200-head-v3-bass-amp.asp"]http://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-amp-heads/pid32029/cid685/fender-rumble-200-head-v3-bass-amp.asp[/url]

Couple of numbers caught my eye; price = £228, weight = 15kgs

Nice on Don, keep us posted with your findings, have been looking at these myself, always liked Fender bass amps - aside from the weight/size. These look good on the clips, very interested on a real-user verdict though.

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1395506946' post='2403206']
i thought about the third generation Rumbles. But I'd rather stay with Markbass, or GK. For heads, or combos.
[/quote]

Quite a substantial difference in price though! The new Rumbles are pretty much best in class if you want lightweight on a budget.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1395497258' post='2403070']
Nice on Don, keep us posted with your findings, have been looking at these myself, always liked Fender bass amps - aside from the weight/size. These look good on the clips, very interested on a real-user verdict though.
[/quote]
I'll be able to compare it directly to my Shuttle and Tonehammer

Just putting a feeler out before deciding whether or not to sell my combo.

Thinking of selling my 500 combo, rushed out and bought it ( as I always do) on the promise of some live gigs, but it looks like we are destined to play rehearsal rooms which supply the back line for the foreseeable future.

Its a great combo, versatile sound, but I think my current situation of needing an amp at home is better served by using the riglet rather than the rig.

Sell or keep?

Edited by basskit_case