Why become a member? ×

The new 2014 Fender Rumbles

throwoff

Rumble V3 500W Head >> http://www.dawsons.co.uk/fender-rumble-v3-500-bass-amplifier-head
Rumble V3 200W Head >> http://www.dawsons.co.uk/fender-rumble-v3-200-bass-amplifier-head
A lot cheaper than the UK List already, which is £500 for the 500W and £300 for the 200W.

I'm very much in the market for a new rig, albeit a little one.
I wonder if the 200W will be actually 200W, some class D ratings tend to over egg a little.
Apparently the old Rumble 150, rated at 150W, had the same power section as the 300W Genz Benx Shuttle 3.0 and the Rumble 300, 300W, had the same as the Shuttle 6.0, which was rated at 600W.

If the 200W Rumble head is actually 200W of usable power, I think that'd likely be enough for me...

Eude

I used a Rumble 75 tilk back combo a few week's ago and was suprised by what it could pump out, sounded nice although I used my Behringer DBI21 to goose it

If they've just intergrated some of Genz know how to make sure the D-class power module and power supplies are good (which it sounds like they might by Eude's comments about using the same power sections as the higher rated Genz stuff, then I think these should be pretty nice amps, the sound clips sound very nice anyway

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='matybigfro' timestamp='1390901312' post='2350962']
I used a Rumble 75 tilk back combo a few week's ago and was suprised by what it could pump out, sounded nice although I used my Behringer DBI21 to goose it

If they've just intergrated some of Genz know how to make sure the D-class power module and power supplies are good (which it sounds like they might by Eude's comments about using the same power sections as the higher rated Genz stuff, then I think these should be pretty nice amps, the sound clips sound very nice anyway
[/quote]

Had a word with one of the guys from Fender about these at work. Theyre basically all the Genz Benz innards (components) repackaged.

Looks like a really nice little range to me :-)

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1391902728' post='2362586']
Had a word with one of the guys from Fender about these at work. Theyre basically all the Genz Benz innards (components) repackaged.

[/quote]

Does that mean the 200 model has the same power section as the old 300W Shuttle, and the 500, has the 600W Shuttle bits/bobs?

Cheers,
Ewan

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1392045511' post='2363958']

Does that mean the 200 model has the same power section as the old 300W Shuttle, and the 500, has the 600W Shuttle bits/bobs?

Cheers,
Ewan
[/quote]

Not entirely sure about specifics. I'll find out for you. Our rep just said 'we're putting the Genz Benz innards into the new rumble range'...

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1392059963' post='2364239']
Not entirely sure about specifics. I'll find out for you. Our rep just said 'we're putting the Genz Benz innards into the new rumble range'...
[/quote]

Good man.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1392045511' post='2363958']

Cheers,
Ewan
[/quote]

Just checked. It appears that all Genz Benz and new Fender Rumble amps use the same Bang & Olufsen designed power sections, so Genz Benz innards are now in rumble amps :-)

Edited by skej21

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1392218641' post='2366085']
Just checked. It appears that all Genz Benz and new Fender Rumble amps use the same Bang & Olufsen designed power sections, so Genz Benz innards are now in rumble amps :-)
[/quote]

I think pretty much all of the lightweights use the B&O ICEPower module.

I really don't get on with it... I'm holding out for the next generation, whatever that may be. :)

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1392218641' post='2366085']
[/quote]

Very interesting dude.
I would be tempted, but I've just dropped some cash on a different setup, but I'll watch out for these with interest :)

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1391902728' post='2362586']

[/quote]

Yes, I also spoke to someone from Fender and as was told the same :)

• 2 weeks later...

They're really nice, came back from a week off to the 40/100/200/500 combos in work.

The 40 having an XLR out is a great feature for a smaller combo if you were in a covers band (I know the bronco had that feature too...)

The 500 combo is ridiculously loud, maybe 'too' loud for the 2x10 box it's in.

But they're all decent sounding, light beyond expectation and even the 40w is plenty loud for jamming with mates.

I'm very taken with the 100w, size, weight, power, price etc.

Will be taking one or two of my basses in to try through it...

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1393454537' post='2380644']
They're really nice, came back from a week off to the 40/100/200/500 combos in work.

The 40 having an XLR out is a great feature for a smaller combo if you were in a covers band (I know the bronco had that feature too...)

But they're all decent sounding, light beyond expectation and even the 40w is plenty loud for jamming with mates.
[/quote]

I took the plunge on the 40 and love it. It's more than enough at home, and I figure between the 'underrated' power stage and the XLR out I'm covered if I need to go louder.

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1393665833' post='2383046']

I took the plunge on the 40 and love it. It's more than enough at home, and I figure between the 'underrated' power stage and the XLR out I'm covered if I need to go louder.
[/quote]

I'm really anxious to hear/read a comparison of the new Fender 40 and the Ampeg ba110??!!

[quote name='Grissle' timestamp='1393707544' post='2383668']
I'm really anxious to hear/read a comparison of the new Fender 40 and the Ampeg ba110??!!
[/quote]

I'm probably the least objective person to ask - I bought two BA110's from two different retailers and had to send both back for different faults. After that debacle I bought a Rumble 15, which was faultless, and then last week I traded up to the Rumble 40.

If the BA110 had worked, I would've kept it happily, but looking back now when I think about 'bang for buck' the Rumble 40 wins hands down - more flexible EQ, XLR out, built-in overdrive, 3 built-in tone voicings, and trust me, the Fender weighs [b]a lot[/b] less. I can't emphasize that enough.

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1393716692' post='2383767']
I'm probably the least objective person to ask - I bought two BA110's from two different retailers and had to send both back for different faults. After that debacle I bought a Rumble 15, which was faultless, and then last week I traded up to the Rumble 40.

If the BA110 had worked, I would've kept it happily, but looking back now when I think about 'bang for buck' the Rumble 40 wins hands down - more flexible EQ, XLR out, built-in overdrive, 3 built-in tone voicings, and trust me, the Fender weighs [b]a lot[/b] less. I can't emphasize that enough.
[/quote]

The Fender weighs less now because, Fender is now using real plywood, in place MDF. Lighter, and stronger.

[quote name='darren' timestamp='1393706368' post='2383646']
Here is my 500 head in a band setting. Eq not far off flat. Fender p and played through a fender rumble 112.

[url="http://gdansk81.tumblr.com/post/77614664534/new-songs-recorded-at-vibe-studios-23-02-14"]http://gdansk81.tumb...tudios-23-02-14[/url]
[/quote]

I like those two tracks. Nicely done.

Cheers

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to butt in here guys, but I'm a bit confused with the specs published by Fender.

As far as I can make out the 40 and the 200 combos have headphone out but the 100 doesn't - (at least as far as [url="http://www.fender.com/series/rumble/rumble-100-v3-120v-blacksilver/"]http://www.fender.co...0v-blacksilver/[/url] indicates). Is this correct? If so why would they skip this feature on one model (particularly if they include it on a higher powered one)?

[quote name='MrCrane' timestamp='1395322112' post='2401073']
Sorry to butt in here guys, but I'm a bit confused with the specs published by Fender.

As far as I can make out the 40 and the 200 combos have headphone out but the 100 doesn't - (at least as far as [url="http://www.fender.com/series/rumble/rumble-100-v3-120v-blacksilver/"]http://www.fender.co...0v-blacksilver/[/url] indicates). Is this correct? If so why would they skip this feature on one model (particularly if they include it on a higher powered one)?
[/quote]

It's an omission on the site. The spec sheet I got with my Rumble 40 also has the headlines for the 1/2/500 combos and they all feature a 1/8" headphone out :)