Why become a member? ×

Anybody ever longed for that special bass? then when you finally get one.....disappointment :(

louseskaman

[quote name='Mark Dyer' timestamp='1390395895' post='2344854']
Really? I've just ordered one, and I already have a Status and a MM. Doubt setting in...
[/quote]

Let me try & ease your doubt by saying that my Spector Euro 5LX kicked the sh*t out of my Stingray 5 in every aspect.

The bottom line is that the good & bad points of instruments are so personal to the individual that the only way to know for sure if a bass is right for you is to own & play it.

I personally really don't like three of the four most popular basses available (Fender Jazz, Musicman Stingray, Rickenbacker 4001/4003) & wouldn't have another one if they were offered to me for free; it doesn't stop countless other players finding that these basses are perfect for them.

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1390563461' post='2346830']
The marshall DFX 100 transitor head on the clean channel actualy makes a very good loud clean bass head with a vbc 4x12, IMO better than the "bass amps" they produce now.
Plus you have the overdrive channel for that boost.

This company marshall seriouslly are out of touch with bass players, just make a damned bass head that looks like a damned marshall guitar head, with gold front, logo and I will buy one, the new range looks like something out of a lucky bag.

When the best bass amp they make is a guitar amp on the clean channel, they are getting it very very wrong.
The VBC is OK, but the transformers blow and it's a door stop, plus it is way over price.

So wish this amp company would get it's finger out of it's backside and listen and stop telling us what you think we should play.
[/quote]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I've got a Marshall MB4210 combo, which is also available as a head, which I'm well pleased with, I know it had reliability problems at first but I think they've been sorted, mines been reliable enough, even survived being dropped off the extension cab when on my sack trolley.[/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Same can't be said for our guitarist, he's given up with Marshall valve gear due to reliability problems [/font][/color]

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1390569106' post='2346957']
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I've got a Marshall MB4210 combo, which is also available as a head, which I'm well pleased with, I know it had reliability problems at first but I think they've been sorted, mines been reliable enough, even survived being dropped off the extension cab when on my sack trolley.[/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Same can't be said for our guitarist, he's given up with Marshall valve gear due to reliability problems [/font][/color]
[/quote]

Dont they amaze you ? they must be the most "out of touch" company going other amps are briniging back retro look amps and valve bass amps and they can not sell them fast enough and Marshall are bringing out such drab looking bass gear, the new stuff sounds average at best, it works, but it looks awful .
What on earth are they doing, get the jcm 800 bass head re-vamped and back on shelves, you see vbc cabs with all sorts of heads on, I tried like I say a dfx guitar head, it looks like a marshall head, on the clean channel its loud and crisp and deep on the bass.

I just can noy understand who they have working in the markerting department that is so cluless about bass amps.
Retro is King, valve heads are back with a bang and they are sitting on the plans for the superbass and the jcm, 800 bass head and knocking out drab bland looking transitor amps.

Talk about missing the boat marshall amps , Orange can not make valve/ hybrid heads fast enough.
I bet lots of players would love a nice gold faced retro style marshall stack for bass.

Edited by spacey