Why become a member? ×

New Bass Day: J&D Vintage 1975 review: Good!

iconic

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1390320057' post='2344008']
Lovely colour but can't help think that the Harley Benton vintage jazz with ash body and Wilkinson pups is a better buy tho and cheaper even with shipping.Also comes with quality strings too.
[/quote]

Somebody has to buy one of these and tell the rest of us what it's like!

Mine will be delivered today, the tracking says "out for delivery" but it looks like I will not be in on time...
Sometimes my neighbour picks parcels for me, if she's in... here's hoping.
If not I'll just ask them to leave it at the depot for me to collect, which will mean Friday.
tom1946 will beat me then ;)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1390397066' post='2344878']
Mine will be delivered today, the tracking says "out for delivery" but it looks like I will not be in on time...
Sometimes my neighbour picks parcels for me, if she's in... here's hoping.
If not I'll just ask them to leave it at the depot for me to collect, which will mean Friday.
tom1946 will beat me then ;)
[/quote]

Does your neighbour play bass? I had a vision of her bringing your bass over and her saying 'It played fine, but I filed the nut and took a bit of relief out of the neck and now it's awesome'.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1390400833' post='2344981']
Does your neighbour play bass? I had a vision of her bringing your bass over and her saying 'It played fine, but I filed the nut and took a bit of relief out of the neck and now it's awesome'.
[/quote]

maybe I should teach her ;)

Got mine at 5.30pm.
Nice build quality apart from the sharp fret edges. I can fix that though.
Oh and the strings are sh>te. There are a couple of buzzy points that I can't get rid of so the frets need a scrape & level (basss D&C?)

other than that it's a belter for the money.

Beautiful bass! And it looks like the Tele-shaped headstock mod is quite possible to do with it as well and I instantly thought about some lipstick pickups on it. Petty tempted, but I won't buy one in Poland, unfortunately. :(

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1390495025' post='2346031']
Why wouldn't you buy one in Poland?
[/quote]
No direct distribution, I'd need to order it from the site linked in the OP, however it's a bit risky and, of course, we have ridiculous tax policy recently, those freakin' bloodsuckers would take a last penny from a woman dying of hunger and trying to save her baby from gangrene. ;)
Maybe later :)

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1390510841' post='2346320']
No direct distribution, I'd need to order it from the site linked in the OP, however it's a bit risky and, of course, we have ridiculous tax policy recently, those freakin' bloodsuckers would take a last penny from a woman dying of hunger and trying to save her baby from gangrene. ;)
Maybe later :)
[/quote]

tax?

I thought there was no import tax between EU countries...

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1390508169' post='2346276']
I just used a fine file, VERY carefully then shielded the board and wire woolled the fret tops.

works for me, they are better than they were.
[/quote]

what kind of file? (coarseness)
I don't have one, and I think I should get one.