Why become a member? ×

What to pair with a LM II?

bassix

I've recently picked up a Little Mark II which i'm very happy with so far, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a cab to partner it with? I play in a punk band with a precision bass generally in venues with a 100-300 capacity.

Depending on your preference, either a couple of Markbass 210s or 112s. That said, a Markbass 104HR sounds great with those amps - and not too heavy a lift either, in fact a good one-cab solution. I was using a Precision/Markbass Little Mark Tube which is essentially a Little Mark with a bit of warmth into the 104HR doing punk, great set-up all round.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1390179450' post='2342418']
I'd get a 410 or 2 210's. You'll get a lot more punch and attack out of the 10's.
[/quote]

That really depends on the drivers in question. If they're from the 80s, then definitely.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1390169417' post='2342314']
That said, a Markbass 104HR sounds great with those amps - and not too heavy a lift either, in fact a good one-cab solution. I was using a Precision/Markbass Little Mark Tube which is essentially a Little Mark with a bit of warmth into the 104HR doing punk, great set-up all round.
[/quote] Oh yeah, that reminds me. This setup was the supplied backline at a gig I played and it did indeed sound very good

The Schroeder 1212, 1210 and 1515s are a good match with the LM heads. I had a LMIII and a 1515, and a friend gigged a LMIII and a 1212, both are great for rock/punk tones, tho I found I needed a Sansamp pedal to put some SVT-like aggression into the amp. The cabs are just the job, though.

I used a EBS Proline 212 (4ohm) and a EBS Neo 410 (4ohm) with my old markbass, It worked well, lots of power as I was pulling the full amount out of the head. EBS make superb cabs and they can be picked up very cheap, I still have the Neo 410 but the MarkBass disappeared a while ago.