Why become a member? ×

Blazer on Gumtree for £175

wotsy

I have one, it's a 1980 and they're a single coil though not a humbucker, the split P Pup type ones came in 1981.
They are cracking basses and I still gig mine pretty regularly. They have a wonderful Burp to the tone and a good neck very similar to a Jazz. I've added a BTC tone control to mine just to add a bit more versatility. If it were up north I'd be buying it at that money, it's very cheap for what it is.
B)

These were the first version of the Blazer, only around for a few months in 1980 as far as I can tell. I have one, in bits and awaiting a refin (body had been stripped & stained horribly) and the pup's a single-coil as Kennyrodg says. These were also sold as the Cimar Stinger - Cimar was a brand owned by Ibanez' parent company, Hoshino. Stinger/Blazer shape headstocks appeared on other Cimar-branded basses & guitars, and also on some CSL-branded instruments.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1390073802' post='2341232']
These were the first version of the Blazer, only around for a few months in 1980 as far as I can tell. I have one, in bits and awaiting a refin (body had been stripped & stained horribly) and the pup's a single-coil as Kennyrodg says. These were also sold as the Cimar Stinger - Cimar was a brand owned by Ibanez' parent company, Hoshino. Stinger/Blazer shape headstocks appeared on other Cimar-branded basses & guitars, and also on some CSL-branded instruments.

Jon.
[/quote]

Ah thought they always had the "knife blade" headstock like my RS900 and the later Blazers.

Someone grab this.

I have two of these and these things will remove kidney stones at ten paces.
Brilliant pick-up, same as the Greco GOB series - I have two of those, as well.

Seriously good.

P type/handful of neck but comfortable.

Don't very often see these come up - only made for a short period, before they
brought in the one with the P type pick-up.

Go for it.

Cheers. :)