Why become a member? ×

FS: Pedulla Buzz (4 string) - fretless - SOLD
£1200

evoman

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]For sale is a near mint Pedulla Buzz 4 string with a nice maple body (looks like flame maple). It is in fantastic shape - only the slightest string marks on the neck (I mean really slight - something you will have within days or a weeks). I have played it for a handful of hours - hence needing to sell.

It comes with a Pedulla branded hardcase (don't recall the make of the case). Has the Bartolini J pickups with the classic Buzz bass sound you would expect.[/font][/size]

[attachment=152546:2990_1_large.jpg][attachment=152547:2990_2_large.jpg][attachment=152548:2990_3_large.jpg][attachment=152549:2990_4_large.jpg][attachment=152550:buzz.JPG][attachment=152551:buzzbody.JPG][attachment=152552:buzzhead.JPG

Edited by evoman

[quote name='fabinosto' timestamp='1389948427' post='2339755']
Hi

shipping to France is possible ?

What is the year of built of the bass ?
[/quote]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Shipping to France is no problem - but would have to get an idea of weight to see what the likely cost would be. [/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]As for the year, I am not really sure but can look at the serial number this evening (Pedulla has a reference for dating based on serial number). I believe it is relatively recent since it has the newer logo and electronics (all my previous Pedullas had the old logo).[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]When looking through the correspondence with the place I purchased the bass, I noticed their comment that there is a small ding on the horn (listed as 5mm x 2mm) - must be very small since I don't notice it and had totally forgotten about this. I will try to get a photo for reference. [/font][/size]

[quote name='fabinosto' timestamp='1389963593' post='2340000']
Thanks. Let me know for the shipping cost.

Do you have originally truss tool ?
[/quote]

I have the truss rod tool and allen wrench, both still in the plastic bag they came in (not sure either has ever been taken out of the packaging). I also have the instructions and other paperwork from Pedulla. I honestly don't think the bass was played for more than a few hours when I purchased it and I have really not used it at all, so it is in fantastic shape.

I will have to look into shipping costs - i suppose you could estimate them using the average weight of a bass and case and see the general region of the cost to ship from the UK.

The serial number indicates it was built in 2003 (given the condition and the fact that it looks like the newest models, I would have guessed it was more recent).

I looked at the 'ding' - cannot get a photo given the lack of contrast - it is on the upper horn and the wood is not exposed. When I took the bass out for a look I noticed that the bridge needs to be polished since it has been sitting unused and is so it is a little dingy, but the finish on the body and neck (including fretboard finish) are near mint.

[quote name='fabinosto' timestamp='1389975521' post='2340227']
Thanks.

What about gloss on fretboard ?

The epoxy is ok ?

No dings ?
[/quote]

The fretboard is near to new (see the origin post above as well) - I think you would have a hard time finding a bass in a showroom that has less wear on the neck - basically what you would expect to see after minimal use.

It also has new half-wound Status strings on it (or whatever they call them) - it hasn't had any roundwounds on it, which can leave more marks on the epoxy

Hi, fantastic bass and a sneaky feeling I may have owned this one a few years ago. If so, I used it for recording the majority of the time, but did gig with it for around two years, for the odd few numbers in the set. It spent most of its time in a well 'used' Hiscox case to avoid damaging the Pedulla case, whilst sat in the van.

If it is the one, it is a wonderful instrument and sure whoever tries it will love it!

Good luck!

[quote name='Jazzman2477' timestamp='1390071561' post='2341209']
Hi, fantastic bass and a sneaky feeling I may have owned this one a few years ago. If so, I used it for recording the majority of the time, but did gig with it for around two years, for the odd few numbers in the set. It spent most of its time in a well 'used' Hiscox case to avoid damaging the Pedulla case, whilst sat in the van.

If it is the one, it is a wonderful instrument and sure whoever tries it will love it!

Good luck!
[/quote]

I doubt it is the same bass given that it has been played very little, has the Pedulla branded case (presumably original) that is in new condition, and other than a the aforementioned tiny ding on the horn, the finish looks like new. But you never know.

By the way, I have recently sold two other basses in the forum on statii.com if you want more feedback on me...

[quote name='shantijoe' timestamp='1390044019' post='2340775']
That's a great bass at a great price. The buzz is the best fretless I've owned- it won't stay here for long...good luck, joe
[/quote]

Hopefully it won't stay here long - but no bites yet, so still available. This is really the quintessential fretless in my opinion.

[quote name='thestick' timestamp='1390734041' post='2348679'] :) PM,d you [/quote]

PM'd in return. Just a quick note to also add info about the photos - they are all of the actual bass - the ones with a white background are from the store I purchased it from and the ones on black (which is the case interior) were taken by me just before creating this post.