Why become a member? ×

SHUKER ELITE 4 STRING

soggs

[size=4][font="Courier New"][center]having to have a clear out, need space and money, I hate having to get rid of stuff, this bass is a real beauty, John Shuker made it for me about 5 years ago now, its the elite which are his top end range of basses, its stunning, its never been gigged and has been lovingly looked after, its unmarked, and in immaculate condition, its a through neck multi-laminated, made of wenge predomently, and flame maple through the middle of the neck, with top grade quilted maple top and back, I went for gold schaler hardware, powerfull active EMG pickups, john put in active passive switch and along with his own electronics, you can get some great tones, the fretboard slops onto the body and I asked john if he would round the edges of the fretboard, so its a really comfy feel up and down the board, john said that wenge is a difficult wood to work, but lovely when finished, infact everything about this bass is top quality, I don't know what john is charging for these now, as his basses have become more popular and more well known, I paid £2200 for it, comes with flight case, been set up by another top luthuier just a few months ago, looking around £1100 mark open to offers though[/center][/font][/size]

Edited by soggs

I don't know if it's common practise amongst custom luthiers but Jon's 'free MOTs' as he explained it to me make his basses an even better bargain than they generally are.

The sound crew at the Colne Blues fest blew the electrics out of mine (remember that , Rayman and Homer??) and Jon just sorted it while I played with his mutt. No charge.

I digress.

It's a quality instrument - I know it seems a lot of money , though it's a bargain when you think about it , but someone out there deserves this one.

Trade in your car for a cheaper model and test drive it round to soggs place

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='231463' date='Jul 2 2008, 04:34 PM']Thats sucks man - one of the nicest shukers I have seen. Cant you sell your kids into slavery or put the wife on the game?[/quote]
the thought did cross my mind

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='231475' date='Jul 2 2008, 04:55 PM']I don't know if it's common practise amongst custom luthiers but Jon's 'free MOTs' as he explained it to me make his basses an even better bargain than they generally are.

The sound crew at the Colne Blues fest blew the electrics out of mine (remember that , Rayman and Homer??) and Jon just sorted it while I played with his mutt. No charge.

I digress.

It's a quality instrument - I know it seems a lot of money , though it's a bargain when you think about it , but someone out there deserves this one.

Trade in your car for a cheaper model and test drive it round to soggs place[/quote]
thanks for that, lets hope it ends up in the hands of someone that'll really appreciate her

[quote name='pnefc42' post='231467' date='Jul 2 2008, 04:37 PM']I have seen/played this bass and can confirm it is an absolute beauty both visually and sonically - will make someone very happy!!

Cheers
Dave[/quote]
hi dave, thats really nice of you, I forgot I'd brought it down to show you, thanks mate

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='231488' date='Jul 2 2008, 05:18 PM']That is quite possibly the single most beautiful piece of quilted maple I've ever seen.

Commiserations on having to let her go, and good luck with the sale.[/quote]
thanks mate