Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted for paid work

davey_one_visits

"If you're thinking...playing Superstition or Play That Funky Music then think again... the market has changed and people don't want the old school approach...These days people want cool songs by cool bands such as The Foo Fighters, The Killers, Jessie J, Kings of Leon and even Biffy Clyro."

Into the Hall Of Fame, song lists, what's on there? The first nine bands in the list all do Twist And Shout...

Brilliant. :D

Edited by Muzz

:) With all due respect...

I play 3-6 gigs per week with 4 different regular bands and dep for another 10...

People still do enjoy Superstition and Play the funky muisc, especially when played well and with love. And the audience I play to is mainly in their early 20s, I do mainly clubs and nice modern pubs.
Of course Bruno Mars, Jessie J, all of the new ones are on the list, but people still do enjoy classics.

Agencies always have their visions and opinions and guidelines, I personally stay away from agencies anyway for certain reasons but that's probably fuel for another discussion :).