Why become a member? ×

Hadrien Feraud is a MONSTER!

Bill

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]
So finally finished and uploaded this solo that Hadrien did from Bireli Lagrene's album! Spent many hours transcribing this by ear and can say was the toughest solo I've had to workout yet! What is scary is that this solo of his is 6 years old...

Let me know what you think, and for anyone else who transcribes what programs are you using? I was using Windows Media Player slowdown function and then at last minute discovered the brilliant 'Transcribe!' Program!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz2_959xvTo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz2_959xvTo[/url][/font][/color]

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1389812722' post='2338223']
"Hadrien Feraud is a Monster!" He is! Caught him recently at Ronnie Scott's with Chic.

Well done for transcribing... I bet your ear and chops have improved...
[/quote]

Amazing, i take it that was with The Vigil? have been listening to their album and found a solo i want to transcribe, so that will be up in a month or two!

Yes ear has heightened to a higher standard, and understanding of harmony/playing over changes/phrasing/rhythm etc has improved a great deal, so many benefits to transcribing, it has become a big part of my practice routine!

[quote name='marcus bell' timestamp='1389814082' post='2338256']
Great playing :), and lovely sound!

Hadrien has become one of my influences in recent times, absolutely love his version of I can't help it from a music show a few years back, it's on YouTube check it out :)
[/quote]

Thanks dude, yeah i haven't been so inspired since i first saw Wooten, although a completely different player..very influential! yeah i have seen that clip.. i must of seen them all! haha, with David Haynes on the drum machine? lots of great basswork on that vid!

[quote name='E sharp' timestamp='1389815033' post='2338280']
That's not something I'd normally listen to , but I really liked that .
[/quote]

Thankyou, glad you enjoyed it :)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1389816448' post='2338311']
Great playing. You too are a monster
[/quote]

haha, thanks man, not quite yet, but working on it! :)

[quote name='the_skezz' timestamp='1389817038' post='2338322']
Didn't recognise the name and so came on here expecting another thread about a 70s BBC presenter...glad I was wrong! Brilliant playing :)
[/quote]

Thats hilarious! ha! cheers mate!

[quote name='odysseus' timestamp='1389819225' post='2338354']
Bloody hell, mate. That is fantastic! Mucho respect! :yarr:
[/quote]

Cheers for watching! glad you dug the clip! :)

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1389869170' post='2338786']
Great patience required to work that out and play it back, nice one
[/quote]

Yeah man, tell me about it! haha, was great fun though and very beneficial, thanks.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1389883858' post='2339094']
Just to show the other side of the the coin, I saw HF a few years ago at the Manchester Bass Day and whilst I thought he was technically proficient, his playing did not grip me the way someone like...Pino ( names a player I like at random) does. Different strokes perhaps?
[/quote]

Totally understand mate, It's different for everyone, i have days where i'd prefer to listen to Pino playing two note grooves, and some days i get into a fusion mood where technical player's move me more!

[quote name='Bill' timestamp='1389816116' post='2338304']
Amazing, i take it that was with The Vigil? have been listening to their album and found a solo i want to transcribe, so that will be up in a month or two!

[/quote]

Yes with the Vigil. Great concert. Very loose sound compared with say, the Elektric Band. Hadrien was astounding - much of which was on his fretless. Chic looked very engaged and focused.

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1390153098' post='2342009']
Yes with the Vigil. Great concert. Very loose sound compared with say, the Elektric Band. Hadrien was astounding - much of which was on his fretless. Chic looked very engaged and focused.
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nice! I wish i was around to see that gig on that week when they were playing Ronnies! Was the fretless bass he was using the red F-bass?? [/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='maldy' timestamp='1390316269' post='2343940']
Superb mate - I enjoyed that. That would probably take me years to figure out!!!!
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Glad you enjoyed it man! The Transcribing process get's easier and quicker the more you do it, give it a try man, you will notice your ears will heighten by a massive step! :-)[/font][/color]

• 5 months later...

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]For anyone that may be interested, these Hadrien Feraud transcriptions and many others will be up on my website very soon![/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]so please check it out and pass on to anyone who may benefit also![/font][/color]

[url="http://www.billbanwell.com/"]http://www.billbanwell.com[/url][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] [/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Many thanks,[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Bill.[/font][/color]