Why become a member? ×

KUBICKI X-FACTOR

soggs

having to move on another cracking bass, as well as a great slapping bass, with its active and passive knob, this kicks ass, has its hall mark drop lever on the low E, maple neck, finished in metallic black, this thing never goes out of tune, I spoke to phil kubicki before I bought this bass as I had heard comments that there were differences between the fender custom and original kubicki's, phil suprised me explaining that apart from the six point active and passive knob, there was not a great deal different, I've also been informed that you could have the six point fitted anyway, these basses also seem few and far between in this country, check out harmonycentral reviews, its a really well built bass, looks great, quite a light bass good for gigging, have a look at you you tube see how they sound, vail johnson stu hamm,

Edited by soggs

[quote name='steve-soar' post='231553' date='Jul 2 2008, 08:00 PM']Then what, you would buy it? I thought you were a poor student.[/quote]
..who owns a LE stingray 5 worth the askin price :)

good luck with sale man

Edited by BassManKev

Cracking bass sir! Gets the slapping thumbs up!

I own a white one of these, and I would just like to add that whilst these basses go from an ideal slap/tap setup/sound, they also have the most beautiful warm end to them when you need it. A truly versatile, quality instrument. I would love to buy this and take the frets out, a la Stu Hamm on his "Outbound" record and have it along side my white one.

Best of luck with the sale, can't recommend these enough

B

[quote name='BassManKev' post='231560' date='Jul 2 2008, 08:15 PM']..who owns a LE stingray 5 worth the askin price :)

good luck with sale man[/quote]Would you really swap if it was a five string?
Bloody Hell Kev, when I was your age I had an Ibanez Blazer, you're very lucky to have such a great bass.
What does LE mean?

[quote name='RaNoFuNkY' post='231661' date='Jul 2 2008, 11:09 PM']Cracking bass sir! Gets the slapping thumbs up!

I own a white one of these, and I would just like to add that whilst these basses go from an ideal slap/tap setup/sound, they also have the most beautiful warm end to them when you need it. A truly versatile, quality instrument. I would love to buy this and take the frets out, a la Stu Hamm on his "Outbound" record and have it along side my white one.

Best of luck with the sale, can't recommend these enough

B[/quote]
cheers for your comments mate, these type of basses do tend to get pigeon holed, people think they are just a one trick pony, soggs

[quote name='steve-soar' post='231711' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:41 AM']Would you really swap if it was a five string?
Bloody Hell Kev, when I was your age I had an Ibanez Blazer, you're very lucky to have such a great bass.
What does LE mean?[/quote]
would have seriously considered it, somethin really lures me to this bass

2001 limited edition, it has a pre 2007 blue dawn sparkle finish (as in not the ones with the horrible 2007 fret inlay), which im told is pretty desired and pretty hard to come about, i love it. all the buying and selling iv done on ebay over the past couple years have raised the money to afford such a bass :)

Edited by BassManKev

BOT

Bump for a great bass. For some stupid reason I traded mine years ago. doh...

As RNF states, a very versitile bass. Was my only bass on the cruise ships for years and you can do pretty much anything on them.

hmmmm

Where you located soggs?

Any issues at all with this bass?

Cheers,

[quote name='JoeS' post='231556' date='Jul 2 2008, 08:09 PM']Nice bass btw, nothing says "Eighties" like a Kubicki.[/quote]+1
And nothing says "Oh my god!" like Stu Hamm playing a Kubicki. See 'Kings Of Sleep' for details :)

[quote name='RaNoFuNkY' post='231661' date='Jul 2 2008, 11:09 PM']I would love to buy this and take the frets out, a la Stu Hamm on his "Outbound" record and have it along side my white one.[/quote]

Though one should note that the fretless bass that appeared on Outbound (Fred) was a Fender Urge II (the blue one you can see on the LISF dvd). For the original Stuart Hamm fretless Ex-Factor, look to the cover of The Urge. Note that that fretless bass can also be heard on that album, on the song "if you're scared, stay home".

I still get "nostalgic" about my old 1989 Ex-Factor (okay, I'll stop with the Stuart Hamm references! :) )

Edited by Chris2112

[quote name='TPJ' post='231929' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:55 PM']BOT

Bump for a great bass. For some stupid reason I traded mine years ago. doh...

As RNF states, a very versitile bass. Was my only bass on the cruise ships for years and you can do pretty much anything on them.

hmmmm

Where you located soggs?

Any issues at all with this bass?

Cheers,[/quote]
hi I'm in yeovil somerset england, your right its a cracking bass, just shame have to get rid of it, theres no issues its nice, just slight mark on front, think you can see it on the close up shot, are you interested in buying it and are you far away, soggs

Edited by soggs

[quote name='JoeS' post='231556' date='Jul 2 2008, 08:09 PM']I think it depends on what he's selling at the time.

Nice bass btw, nothing says "Eighties" like a Kubicki.[/quote]

MB1. :)
STATUS? :huh: ....Eighties!.....im a livin' in the Eighties!(bassist for killing joke/ Status 2000 series!)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='231711' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:41 AM']Bloody Hell Kev, when I was your age I had an Ibanez Blazer, you're very lucky to have such a great bass.[/quote]

I'll bet you wish you still had it after you saw what I did to mine.......... :)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='232258' date='Jul 3 2008, 07:54 PM']I'll bet you wish you still had it after you saw what I did to mine.......... :)[/quote]
That did turn out lovely. Those old Blazers sound great.

soggs, you have a PM mate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...