Why become a member? ×

Markbass - all made in Indonesia now and heavy?

phatbass787

[quote name='Fenderlicious' timestamp='1403526202' post='2483523']
Got an email today from Riccardo in customer services.
He has offered to either send me another handle or said it can be replaced by their Service Assistance in UK.
Obviously gone for the send it and I'll fit it myself option so hopefully won't take too long to arrive.
He says they only had this problem reported before after years of hard usage?
Maybe I just had a dodgy batch of weak plastic? Hope new handle fairs much better.
I also sent a pic for their perusal of the offending part.
[/quote]

Good of him to get back to you :) A nice touch that you were given the option to have the part sent, or to have it repaired by their Service Assistant.
To be fair it doesn't surprise me that the problem has not been reported much in the past. Most people treat their equipment as if it was made of glass, especially if they've paid good money for it! Not saying you've abused yours (even if you wanted to, you didn't get the opportunity!)..

Hopefully they will take this feedback onboard and improve the quality of the strap fixings... Or preferably do away with them altogether and go for the far superior recessed handles that they use on their larger cabinets!

EDIT: I realise its not the manufacturer's responsibility to ensure that ham fisted pillocks like me don't knacker their gear, but it would be nice :lol:

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='Fenderlicious' timestamp='1403538863' post='2483704']
Don't know how long a warranty Markbass offer, glad I registered it when I bought it though.
[/quote]

Something tells me when I took mine out it was 2 years but I never had to make a claim. Might just be one year but their after sales care is good either way.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1403552515' post='2483880']
Is this a sign of future pricing?

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/markbass_mini_cmd_121p_lm3.htm?sid=f7ad66b65357572b2af2389d3a167fa0"]http://www.thomann.d...af2389d3a167fa0[/url]
[/quote]

I know it looks very affordable now. There's people selling MB gear in the used section second-hand for not much less than it is new at Thomann!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1403621461' post='2484616']
Under £400!

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/markbass_little_mark_iii.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...le_mark_iii.htm[/url]
[/quote]

C-razeee!!!!! :blink:

and the LMT800 £542!

Edited by mcnach

Interested to know if the amps are all made in Indonesia now too? Earlier in the thread Marco dodged the question when it was asked a couple of times around would there be a price drop to compensate for the lower production costs. Looks like there is unless Thomann have bought up a load of stock very cheaply...

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1403654202' post='2485056']
What is it about handles? Wasn't there a recent thread about similar problems with Barefaced handles?

Edit: found it - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/223916-barefaced-compact-gen2-handle-problem/page__p__2295963"]http://basschat.co.u...age__p__2295963[/url]
[/quote]

Yes, I recall people queuing up to tell Alex Claber that he shouldn't charge such high prices unless he could also match the high-quality design and high-quality construction exhibited by other high-end manufacturers.

Like Markbass.

He must be wetting himself laughing just now.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1403681752' post='2485142']
Yes, I recall people queuing up to tell Alex Claber that he shouldn't charge such high prices unless he could also match the high-quality design and high-quality construction exhibited by other high-end manufacturers.

Like Markbass.

[/quote]

The CMD121P only has the strap style handle because of the integral amp head. As far as I can see all other Markbass cabs and combos have recessed handles*. I would say this makes the case for recessed handles more compelling myself.

Just noticed I have a Minimark.. doh...

Edited by Opticaleye

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1403681752' post='2485142']

Like Markbass.

[/quote]

? - I don't think they were alluding to these handles. :)

[quote name='Opticaleye' timestamp='1403693013' post='2485300']

The CMD121P only has the strap style handle because of the integral amp head. As far as I can see all other Markbass cabs and combos have recessed handles*. I would say this makes the case for recessed handles more compelling myself.

Just noticed I have a Minimark.. doh...
[/quote]

Part of the reason why I kept my LM3 and got 2 NYC121 cabs........

Edited by martthebass

The new handle arrived today.
I noticed a slight difference between the plastic ends.
The ones I received today have Penn Fabricated stamped on them (mine didn't) and slightly thicker four 'struts' that surround the screw hole.
Let's hope these do the job better, still going to be nervous about carrying it though!