Why become a member? ×

Markbass - all made in Indonesia now and heavy?

phatbass787

We will show the first line of products in Frankfurt. Will be some guitar combo like HD130 212 and RD50, we respected the pilosohy of his old project pre solid state and power tube section... many news during the first day of Frankfurt. Regarding the video yes is old, but today I buy a GoPro and i will do a new for you very soon so you can see as we work, now i will go to check all news!! Thanks guy you cannot image as you are helping my company. Yesterday i spock with my peoples about bass chat. Have you a good day!

What I read from this is that Marco is still very much in charge of the company even though production has moved to Indonesia.
I would take comfort that whilst he remains in charge and keeps the accountants at bay, then you still have the same ethos that
people bought into and made the company what it was...

When companies generally.... not talking about Markbass here, I stress, move Ops abroad, it is a shareholders/partners decision
to minimise costs and the head honcho takes a back seat and quietly retires at some point.
They have basically sold the company and retain a figurehead position only but this may not be the correct thread and there needs to be another
one for a generalisation like this....

Dear all I will do very soon a video because I like to show you that my production works very well in a spexil way as i told you. Thanks for the nice words, it is important for me to say that also if there is some commercial side in all a company do, in this case for me it is important that you know as we work. I come at home very happy we tested all news and i think that if you will come in Frankfurt show you will check our work. I prepared a new 4x12 cabinet for bass with a real old sound. When i will receive my Go pro i will show you some moment of the life in our company. All evening before to come at home we play ping pong or Table football,yiu will see.

Dear all I will do very soon a video because I like to show you that my production works very well in a spexil way as i told you. Thanks for the nice words, it is important for me to say that also if there is some commercial side in all a company do, in this case for me it is important that you know as we work. I come at home very happy we tested all news and i think that if you will come in Frankfurt show you will check our work. I prepared a new 4x12 cabinet for bass with a real old sound. When i will receive my Go pro i will show you some moment of the life in our company. All evening before to come at home we play ping pong or Table football,yiu will see.

I had the pleasure of meeting Marco and his colleagues at a trade show, not long after getting my CMD102 combo a few years ago. I was whisked off the stand to see their new amps and was impressed with their enthusiasm for the products and integrity, as is becoming increasingly apparent on this thread.

Dear all on Basschat, i was reading with more time all post, are many but i think that i need to explain better about wich kind of material i use on my cabinets and combo.
Personally i alwayse preferred poplar plywood,that is not cheap, but for his physical characteristics is the best: ligth, strong, perfect to out screw and no problem with umidity, infact in my story we NEVER changed one cabinet. When i was starting to make my amps, to have some monay i worked as service guy, and was very important school for me, i have seen many kind of wood that brand used, so I decided after for poplar plywood.
Some years ago in Italy i decovered a real nice Wood chipboard of poplar, it has the same weight of plywood but was more cheap!
So some of my models was made with this material.
Now i decided to come back for all my model to use poplar plywood, is the best choise for me and now i decovered a very good one!!
It is important that you know, as some of you wrote that on my web there is that i can change my specs any time.
This not only for legal matter but because my production is always in "improvement mode" i want to say that if i decover or decide to change some specks because we improve our know hiw or exoerience, i will put on all my products, so it is possible that some heads of 3 years ago is not the same today! For example we decovered after some years that there was some possibility to increase the function of our amplifier and we did it in all amps that we use.
I hope that what i like to say is clear.
Any case next week i want to show you as we work in the company with some video.
I hope that if i continue to write here is not a problem for basschat. As I told i will speak only about my products and not as advertising, but because i decovered that this chat is a good way to give to the customer the rigth information and to understand where we make mistake. Infact next week we will restary to checck all information in our web.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1393200369' post='2377377']
Seems to be mostly the only people making a fuss are people who don't appear to use Markbass gear anyway, odd :) .
[/quote]

I guess those who don't have any Markbass gear and are thinking of a purchase might be more tuned in to what the company are doing with new products than those of us who already own all the Markbass gear we need. Who knows.

Welcome to the forum Marco - I've got a couple of your combos and absolutely love them. The build quality, portability and sound quality are all I could hope for. Thank you very much for creating them :-)

CB

Edited by cloudburst

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1393204401' post='2377417']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I guess those who don't have any Markbass gear and are thinking of a purchase might be more tuned in to what the company are doing with new products than those of us who already own all the Markbass gear we need. Who knows.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Yep, that's me. Very interested as I'm about to drop over £700 on one but Marco's convinced me it will be a sound decision. I was concerned that I'd be paying the same price for an inferior product but that certainly does not sound like the case here. So once again, well done Marco for coming on and chatting to us :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am now the proud owner of an Indonesian made MarkBass CMD 121P!

My initial thoughts on it are here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/231484-nad-markbass-cmd-121p/

But I'd like to say that it looks and sounds incredible. It's also lighter than the spec on the MarkBass website so it's definitely not heavier. It's 12.5kg rather than the 13.3kg on the website. Would never had guessed it was made in Indonesia (saying that, my Yamaha TRBX 504 is also made in Indonesia and that sounds and plays brilliantly too, and it very well built).

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Marco Markbass' timestamp='1393016159' post='2375393']
I prepared a new 4x12 cabinet for bass with a real old sound. When i will receive my Go pro i will show you some moment of the life in our company. All evening before to come at home we play ping pong or Table football,yiu will see.
[/quote]

Can't wait to see this video. I have a club600f32 -which sounds huge, so can imagine a 4x12 would be brilliant!

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1396273622' post='2411628']
Still begs the question why the one manufactured in a cheaper labour market cost me the exact same as the European built one though...
[/quote]

Funnily enough a lot of the standard cabs are for sale on GAK and other online stores for noticeably less than I bought my old 104HF for so maybe they have passed the savings onto the customers after all!

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1396273622' post='2411628']

Still begs the question why the one manufactured in a cheaper labour market cost me the exact same as the European built one though...

[/quote]

It doesn't really.... and I alluded to it earlier in this thread, and we all know the answer anyway.
Markbass are no worse than a lot of others who go to the Pacific rim for a cheaper labour supply.
You will not stop it unless you only buy from western makers who have a policy of building 'local'.

But I guess you can count those makers on 1 hand.
The 'shareholders' are maximising their profit by using cheaper labour, pure and simple,
IMHO... of course.