Why become a member? ×

Fettled Fender 3

Dr.Dave

Just got this from Ebay for £270 - happy with that.

One, number, 'Crafted' (can't they spell 'made') in Japan 54 reissue Fender Precision bass. Not very old I don't think , certainly nothing much short of spotless.

The bridge is off , and replaced by my Badass 2 (third Fender it's been on) though I am hawking round for a Badass 3 as you can see from my sig. Got the string through option then which the bass obviously has already.

The Dunlops are on so it won't be falling on my foot this WE in Bradford and making me look stupid.

The Dr Dave patented 2nd string guide is too. Might be more than habit this time because the tuners (reverse) have very straight shafts and anything short of perfect stringing might cause a bit of slippy slidey in my opinion.

A bugger , that , because I was going to put my set of US series 'big F' jobbies on it. Can't. There's a rdge cut in the wood halfway down the hole.
You'll find the big F's in the for sales if you're interested - good bit of kit and it's had me gnashing and wailing a bit that I can't have them.

At some point - I may well make it sound less trebly and more like a night club bouncer with a QP.

This is going to do 2 jobs for me , and from my initial fiddle around with it I know it'll do them well. It'll give me an option to take a Fender to Dr Blue gigs - nice old fashioned basic sound - without having to risk my 73P in some of the Mary Whitehouses we play.

It'll also be invaluable with the ZZ trib. An hour of fighting the EpiEx is crunching my shoulders and wrists up. This will come in after a couple of numbers of 'visual effect' and stay for the rest of the set.

It's look will suit the ZZ thing perfectly.

Ah yes - it's look !!!!!

Well , I can't offer you a pic yet because my good lady has our camera on her jollies in Devon. Some of you may well be relieved that she has , but , everyone to their own and I love these guys - always fancied one and having a 'purpose' for it's unusual finish is great.

So - (cheap) sunglasses on , and here's the pics from the ebay ad.

My max was £376.66 on an auctionsteal , so I can't be unhappy can I.

So - straw poll - red dice knobs or not ??????
pink furry strap or not??????
and last , and obviously least
Seymour QP or not ?????????

This is my wife's doing. When I got the Jazz she said 'what do you want another bass for' etc etc - usual girly comment.

I thought about it though , and she was right. What did I want another bass for???

To have a non precious Fender sound for Dr Blue and something striking but very playable simple sounder for Eliminator. That's the correct answer , and the Jazz wasn't it. Should have thought about it more , but I enjoyed fiddling with the Jazz and getting the bits together.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='230886' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:44 PM']So - straw poll - red dice knobs or not ??????
pink furry strap or not??????
and last , and obviously least
Seymour QP or not ?????????[/quote]

no
NO!!!
yes

[quote name='Shockwave' post='234050' date='Jul 7 2008, 12:04 PM']bah you were the one who got that! I was after it too but was working when the auction finished.

Lucky bugger.[/quote]

Me too - gig in Rotherham.

Try www.auctionsteal.com (BAD LINK - SEE BELOW)

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='beerdragon' post='235196' date='Jul 8 2008, 07:23 PM']Google does'nt come up with anything when i put that link in. :)[/quote]

That's because - in typical twat-like fashion - I spelled it wrong. It should be
[url="http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm"]http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm[/url]

Tightwad that I am I don't subscribe , I just use the free bits. 3 free snipes a week and chances are only a subscriber can get in quicker than you. The rest of us can't type quick enough.

Update on the Blueflower. Badass III on the way from the US , along with the quarterpounder. I'm not overkeen on the reverse tuners and will probably put a set of US series tuners on. I have them already and a shame to waste them.

I'll post a pic of the finished article approx an hour after the bits arrive !!

So you'll find the tuners and pup for sale in the classifieds - link in my sig.