Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

jgmh315

53 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

None of my active switches change the level (which is as they should be). However, my Series / Parallel switch on the fireman goes from stupidly loud to wtf?

Every switchable active bass I have increases the volume, some quite significantly. Unless I am using them incorrectly?

I fitted a series parallel switch to my Retrovibe Evo and that's the same - series is ridiculous! 

No, it means the input of your amplifier is heavily loading your bass, and in passive mode you are having the output dragged down to more than the bass can give,  so your treble control Is working at a lower frequency etc. The reason I never use passive basses if I can help it. 

On any of my basses here, the only way you can tell if you are in passive or active is to adjust the bass control. Well, in the case of push pull volumes, that is a bit of a give away - the ibanezes I can never tell.

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely so far. Friendly, patient, knowledgeable and not afraid to make a firm recommendation. Had good advice off them recently and just bought some La Bella RXN strings at their behest and jolly nice they are too with rapid turn round of the order.

And no I'm not Mark's mum.

20 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

Lovely so far. Friendly, patient, knowledgeable and not afraid to make a firm recommendation. Had good advice off them recently and just bought some La Bella RXN strings at their behest and jolly nice they are too with rapid turn round of the order.

And no I'm not Mark's mum.

Excellent strings!! Great choice ;)

Si

• Like 1

I was there on Tuesday, picking up my new Dingwall NG2. Top service, the two younger guys were there, I think one is called Ash and I didn’t get the other guys name. Polite, friendly and professional, asked if I had any questions and if I was familiar with the controls layout, then just let me get on with trying it out for a bit, occasionally coming back out to ask if I needed anything etc. Traded my Bongo in for it, very smooth transaction.