Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

jgmh315

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, ped said:

You should go :)

Agreed. I made my first visit this year and while the shop is small they have some unbelievable stuff. I also found them very kind and despite it being busy they made lots of time for me. Unfortunately the girlfriend won and I came away with nothing but in the spirit of Arnie, I’ll be back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

Bet they have a Warwick Dolphin in stock then?

Note: For comedic effect I used the word 'dolphin' in the full knowledge that is actually a mammal.

Whale, whale; who'd 'ave guessed... :|

Similar experience to above, bought a bass, tried to stick with it despite not getting on with it. I then emailed them to see if I could take it back on the 14th day to which they replied they’d already paid the seller. Thought you had a 14 day return with everything you buy nowadays. Safe to say I won’t be using them again.

1 hour ago, 28mistertee said:

Similar experience to above, bought a bass, tried to stick with it despite not getting on with it. I then emailed them to see if I could take it back on the 14th day to which they replied they’d already paid the seller. Thought you had a 14 day return with everything you buy nowadays. Safe to say I won’t be using them again.

Depends I think on the shop.  The shop I sold my guitar through in Bath (Vintage and Rare- well worth a look for some vintage basses btw) had a 30 day colling offer period, even if a guitar is bought in person.  However, as I understand it, the law says that anything bought via mail order has to have a 14 day cool off period, regardless of the shocks policy.  That’s what I had to explain to bass direct.

Rob

1 hour ago, 28mistertee said:

I'm not a lawyer, but did you buy it online or in person? If the former, then I would have thought you should have 14 days under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. (I see their site says "At Bass Direct, we offer a 48 hour approval period on all purchases purchased in store and 7 days for items purchased online or over the telephone. ", but I don't believe they can override statutory regs).

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

3 hours ago, MrCrane said:

I'm not a lawyer, but did you buy it online or in person? If the former, then I would have thought you should have 14 days under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. (I see their site says "At Bass Direct, we offer a 48 hour approval period on all purchases purchased in store and 7 days for items purchased online or over the telephone. ", but I don't believe they can override statutory regs).

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

Hi Rob, no it was bought in store. However I feel that it was unfair I couldn’t return it on the 14th day. Hard to get a true representation of an instrument in that time especially with only two rehearsals plus I live an hour and half away. What’s done is done, you live and learn. Thanks for the heads up though.

28 minutes ago, 28mistertee said:

Hi Rob, no it was bought in store. However I feel that it was unfair I couldn’t return it on the 14th day. Hard to get a true representation of an instrument in that time especially with only two rehearsals plus I live an hour and half away. What’s done is done, you live and learn. Thanks for the heads up though.

Really? It's hard to tell if you like an instrument with 14 days of playing and two rehearsals? 

I agree that home playing isn't the same as gigging, but then surely is the onus not on the purchaser to buy a bass at a time when they have gigs/rehearsals booked so that they can make an informed decision?

Si