Why become a member? ×

New Sea Bass Kid video - 2013 was a fun year :)

mcnach

It's supposed to be made of footage from the Summer, but it actually covers late April till October...

This song has not been recorded yet, so it's just the audio from one of the gigs... ah, I had fun! :)

Allow me a little self-indulgence and post this video here :P

[url="http://youtu.be/waLWbF8QSk8"]http://youtu.be/waLWbF8QSk8[/url]

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1389196527' post='2331203']...Allow me a little self-indulgence and post this video here :P...[/quote]

Certainly, sir, and 'Hats off'..! It's great to have a bit of 'festive' in this miserable weather. I'm reminded of the ska/rock band I toured with, on lights, a few years ago; just as 'zany', and the same trumpet (..."Ta gueule, Antoine..!"...). I wonder, are all trumpeteers like that..? Fun, fun and more fun (...plus the changing of blown truck tyres at 5 in the morning in wet lay-bys...). I hope 2014 is even better for you all...

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1389197904' post='2331223']
Certainly, sir, and 'Hats off'..! It's great to have a bit of 'festive' in this miserable weather. I'm reminded of the ska/rock band I toured with, on lights, a few years ago; just as 'zany', and the same trumpet (..."Ta gueule, Antoine..!"...). I wonder, are all trumpeteers like that..? Fun, fun and more fun (...plus the changing of blown truck tyres at 5 in the morning in wet lay-bys...). I hope 2014 is even better for you all...
[/quote]

Ha ha, thanks! :) It was a fun year.

I think 'zany' is a pre-requisite to play trumpet. Every single one I know is a bit... special. In a very good way. :lol:

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1389376595' post='2333614']
I have never been able to figure out how Dima has enough breath left to play trumpet after bouncing around like that!
[/quote]

we think he's not really human, that he's some kind of Terminator and that he's only infliltrating in the Edinburgh music scene because that's where his target is. We don't yet know who he's after... :P

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1389462104' post='2334432']
Now that was a whole lot of fun - cheered me up no end. :thank_you:

However , the bloody thumb did take me by surprise and kindof give me the boak!! :shok:
[/quote]

Glad you liked it :)

Ha! yeah, the bloody thumb... I'm not sure why it was there. That was after playing at Audio Soup. He was playing right next to me and I did not notice anything... and when we finished he showed me his thumb... blergh! his guitar was all splattered too. He does get a bit crazy strumming, he used to break strings constantly - some gigs he's finished with only three strings!!! But that day was a bit much. I think he was using a much thinner pick than usual and that threw him out. Ouch!

[quote name='PTB' timestamp='1390119410' post='2341537']
Great stuff, really enjoyable. I hope 2014 is even better for you & the band.
[/quote]

Thank you! :)

2014 is starting well, gig calendar filling up nicely... we'll be recording our second album too, which I'm really looking forward to!

Edited by mcnach