Why become a member? ×

FS: Ampeg SVT15E ***CLOSED***
£1000

Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1407933107' post='2525444']
SVT sold so this is no longer for sale, a man's gotta [b]gave[/b] at least one Ampeg [b]rug[/b] after all :)
[/quote]

So there's a free Ampeg rug with this, is there..? :lol:[size=4] [/size][size=4] :P[/size]

[size=4]Have a bump, just because... :rolleyes:[/size]

Right, the perils of living with two very young kids! The gain control and the front of the mid control have been snapped off. Gain is actually quite nice at it is, helped by having both active and passive inputs, but will ideally require a repair. To be clear though, it's still 100% playable and still sounds immense. However, I have a house move coming up, and I have neither the time to get it fixed or the space to move it into, so I will let the rig - head and 1x15 - go for £600 collected or meet up somewhere mutually convenient.

This is a serious bargain for a lovely rig.

Chris

Thanks for the PMs on this rig guys, I'll answer the questions here if I may

I will sell the rig for £600 and won't split, despite saying in an earlier post I would. I will split for a higher price. Part of the reason I'm selling it is that I need the space in the new house

The gain control shaft has snapped off. It can be adjusted but it's a fiddle and i wouldn't want to have to do it in a hurry on a dark stage. It's not a pliers job, more a case of using a flat-faced screwdriver to tease it around. Ideally it will need a new pot installed although I'm sure a temporary fix could be sorted with some superglue or similar. The old V4Bs didn't have a gain control - master only - so I guess it's not a huge loss as much of the tubey feel of the head comes from the power stage anyway. I currently have gain set at a level so that through the active channel I get a lovely smooth tubey but clean tone and through the passive channel a little more grit that goes into distortion if I really dig in. This would vary from bass to bass of course.

The cap of one of the tone controls has also come off. The control still works fine and to be honest I hadn't even noticed until a couple of days ago when I found Beedster Jnr 2 tugging away at it. It's now been moved to a less accessible location!

I travel between Canterbury and Aberystwyth frequently so can arrange to meet up en route but would need payment ahead of travelling

Chris

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Keep revisiting this thread, stopping myself and then revisiting again :). My mate travels a lot as a sparky, let me see if he;s going anywhere near you in the near future. That head is calling me [/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1411571366' post='2560779']
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Keep revisiting this thread, stopping myself and then revisiting again :). My mate travels a lot as a sparky, let me see if he;s going anywhere near you in the near future. That head is calling me [/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]

Ha ha, it's still here but once I've moved house - which is imminent - I'll likely withdraw it from sale as it was largely the need for funds to pay the costs that I was selling it in the first place. To be honest, the costs have escalated so much that a few hundred quid here and there really makes little difference :rolleyes:

Moving house on Friday so last call for this or I think it's going to stay put.

Only trade I would consider is for a Markbass Minimark (the 2x8 version) with some cash my way (only half loud amp I've ever owned that can reasonably go in a rucksack, albeit a pretty large one. Wish I'd never sold my old one but that's the story of my life really)

C

• 1 month later...