Why become a member? ×

Here we go again.......

gjones

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1389191336' post='2331113'] Please ignore... :(
[/quote]
Not at all - it's a rare day that I get pulled up about lazy use of language and I appreciate the reprimand. I do try to avoid mangling the language (apart from for attempted comedic effect) in particular the use of lazy Americanisms. My only excuse is that I've been living in Scotland for too long. :D

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1389228042' post='2331766']... I've been living in Scotland for too long. :D...[/quote]

Oh, I see. English isn't your native language then. This explains much, so partial absolution.
Short anecdote..? My Mum's Scottish, from Glasgow. Her soft Glaswegian lilt has been in my ears since birth. I must have been 8 or 9 when the family travelled up to Glasgow from Bedfont (look it up...) for a visit to her sister's. I went out for a short walk and, in a shop window, I saw a squeezy pineapple. You know; like a plastic lemon, but pineapple. Now I happen to very much like pineapple, and had a couple of pennies in my pocket. I entered the shop and asked for a plastic squeezy pineapple. The lady gave me a strange look and gabbled at me. She had obviously not captured my request. I repeated it, adding that they were in the window. More gabble in reply. This continued until eventually I climbed into the window display myself (I was small enough...) and took one to the counter. She took my money and gave me change. At no time from beginning to end was verbal contact established. Maybe it's just Glasgow, I don't know. Sometimes I understand me Mum, though... :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1389229722' post='2331781']
Oh, I see. English isn't your native language then.
[/quote]
Indeed. Born & dragged up in the Medway Towns ("tahns" mush, innit) but effected an escape some 26 years ago. I don't know what the hell they speak back there but it certainly ain't English.

J.

How about this one? :P

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-JV-Series-Precision-Bass-1982-1984-/230965112929?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35c697f061"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-JV-Series-Precision-Bass-1982-1984-/230965112929?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35c697f061[/url]

Hmmmmmm......I was thinking. There is no risk in pledging to pay a decent wadge of cash for this, as it is collection in person. And if it's a piece of trash, you just tell them it's junk and walk away......without paying a penny.

Edited by gjones