Why become a member? ×

Through neck bass (Korean, Cort) for sale price dropped to £125 posted
£145

Muzz

Sooo, Xmas still wants paying for, so the clearout continues, and this time it's a nice thru-neck Korean bass from the late 70s which I'd had as a project bass, but domestic shenanigans (like a new kitchen and ceiling) mean I'm never gonna get to finish it.

It's a solid bass, with plenty of cosmetic dings, and tho it hasn't got any markings, I'm confident from researching other examples it's Korean-built, from the Cort factory. It's got a brass nut, brass truss rod cover, brass fret markers, and the original neck pickup. The bridge pickup's been replaced at some point, and it's been rewired and had the jack socket and switch replaced. It sounds really solid, some good strong P/J sounds.

Even though there are plenty of the aforementioned dings, the frets are pretty much pristine: I doubt it's had a hard gigging life, it looks like it's been moved around a lot but not played much. The woods are nice, I was going to refinish it, but it's not gonna happen round here any time soon. If a bit of yer actual 35-year mojo doesn't faze you, it's good to go. The action's a little high, I believe some of these have had the bridge routed in bit to cope with this, but it's far from unplayable as it is.

I'd say £125 posted is a fair price for a slice of neck-thru bassness. I can ship, in the UK, well packed and insured.

M

I've bust me upload limit for now, if anyone wants any more pics, let me know and I'll PM them.

[attachment=151457:photo 1 (2).JPG]

[attachment=151458:photo 2 (2).JPG]

[attachment=151459:photo 2 (5).JPG]

Edited by Muzz

Had one of these a few years back, they're probably the first generation of Korean instruments to have comparable build quality to late 70s/early 80s Japanese stuff. Some of the attention to detail's quite lovely on these, particularly the triple dot brass inlays.

A lower profile bridge should get the action down without resorting to routing - if I remember the original's quite chunky for a BBoT.

Jon.

I had 1 of these basses about 10 years back and it was surprisingly good..

It had a great sound due to the P/J pick up configuration (which admittedly I am a fan of) and it was very nice to play.

Perhaps that was in part down to the through-neck design?

Whatever it was, it certainly punched above it's weight for a budget bass.

So GLWTS and have a BUMP on me!

• 2 weeks later...