Why become a member? ×

January Composition Competition

Skol303

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1388615011' post='2324147']
Serves you damned right for not colluding..! :P (No, I didn't either, so I'm just as dumb... :blush: ).
How about "The illusion of Burt Reynolds"..? No..? Not inspired yet..? (Incidentally, thanks; I didn't know who was in the photo. I'll return the favour; the title of the Escher work is "Ascending descending"...)
"The Escher 'tach"..? No better..? Hmm... You're a difficult one, you are... :angry:
"Monk bandits"..? "Reynolds Stare lift"..? "Stepping out with Burt"..? "Stairs and doors"..? "Un tâche sur l'escalier"..? "Bandits climbing to the bottom"..?
No..? Still nowt..? I give up, then. :unsure:
Maybe I'll superimpose the pics and see what happens..? ...or create a 'beat' of tramping feet from a sampled car door slamming. Go on, I'm sure you're cap. Not 'easy peasy', I'll allow, but all the others have the same handicap..! :lol:
Whatever, it's going to be a really off-the -wall winner this month, that's pretty certain. Good luck... B)
[/quote]

Burt Reynolds, that's who the guy in the car is ?

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1388968986' post='2328366']
Burt Reynolds, that's who the guy in the car is ?
[/quote]

According to Al, it's a cinema classic that no-one could reasonably not know about...

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1388701372' post='2325173']
HOW HAVE U NOT SEEN THIS FILM ??
smokey and the bandit is a Classic film.
and sally fields in it is HOT
[/quote]

...I had a peek on t'tube, to find out what I'd been missing all these decades, and was... ehem... shall we say 'somewhat underwhelmed'... <_<
Never mind all that; just get composing..! ;)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1388970949' post='2328383']
According to Al, it's a cinema classic that no-one could reasonably not know about...

...I had a peek on t'tube, to find out what I'd been missing all these decades, and was... ehem... shall we say 'somewhat underwhelmed'... <_<
Never mind all that; just get composing..! ;)
[/quote]

Never heard of him.

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1389044179' post='2329332']
still only one entry ......?
[/quote]

Nothing unusual; in fact, rather the opposite. Most folks do things properly; I'm the only one that just wades in and chucks out the first thing that fills my peanut brain. I can't do as others do, by listening and improving and retouching, as I'm more than half deaf, so subtlety is not my strong point. No point spending hours to no perceivable (to me...) benefit. On top of that, I'm retired (no job to waste time on..! Win..!), and am rather bound to my armchair for now. All of this combines to make my entry rather the exception than the rule. Most folks are (rightly...) rather pressed to meet the deadline..!
No, I'm not proud, nor boasting; just explaining. No big deal. How's [i]your [/i]'work in progress' doing..?

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1389044179' post='2329332']
still only one entry ......?
[/quote]

Bleedin' Nora, give us chance! I've not even started thinking about mine yet!! :D Well actually that's a lie... I began singing something in the shower this morning that may yet be the germ of an idea. If only I had a banjo. Seriously. It's not often I think that, it has to be said.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1389113671' post='2330185']
I am struggling because, for some irrational reason that has no basis in any reality that I am aware of, I 'kin hate Burt Reynolds and every film he has ever done :lol:
[/quote]

Feel free to express and expunge your true emotions, if it helps. No, you won't like him any more, but you'll feel better..! Dissonance can be music, too... :ph34r:

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1389187728' post='2331025']
i'm afraid im out again this month... my guitar amp is broken. and is off being mended.. boooo

maybe i'll have some good luck sometime
[/quote]

Could be the occasion dreamt of to try out Guitar Rig, or AmpliTube..? Turn bad luck into good fortune..? :)

I have something on the boil now B)

It is a touch, programmed shall we say , or sampled I guess , but I have actually played lots of the parts on it , but I may have to sing just to add a bit of 'me' into it* :lol:

*That of course would be the last ditch effort when all attempts at blagging a proper singer have fallen by the way :unsure:

OK,
So here's my attempt .
i recorded it on fretted and fretless bass . and used a high octave pedal for the slide bits .
Hope you enjoy.
I may still tweak it before the closing date, it was a bugga to mix. still not where i want it .
[url="https://soundcloud.com/al-the-bassman/theres-a-hoedown-upstairs"]https://soundcloud.c...oedown-upstairs[/url]

comments welcome!

Edited by AL-the-Bassman