Why become a member? ×

Anyone Watching Jools Tonight?

Hobbayne

[quote name='Batfastard' timestamp='1388536746' post='2323280']
Its the best one for years. Lisa Stansfield, Rudimental, Ruby Turner, John Newman, Charlie Wilson lots of soul. Plus Mel C doing Stevie Wonder and Ray Davies doing some Kinks, the only bad things were the proclaimers and the lumineers.
[/quote]

+1

Except I like the Proclaimers. :angry:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4] [/size][size=4]Miss Bassface is great though. :gas:[/size]

The acts are pretty much what you'd expect for this show really, but it's the faux jollity that goes on during the 'new year's eve party' and particularly the 'countdown' to 'the new year' at 'midnight' that gets me, when in reality it was recorded mid-December and wrapped up at 10:45 so everyone can could get home to bed early. :rolleyes:

I don't care though, as I'm off my face on synthetic opiates. Happy New Year! :crazy:

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1388539171' post='2323321']

Dave S's fabulously ugly and inappropriate bass has almost ruined my 2014 already - may all my problems be this big!
[/quote]

Everyone should be made to play one of these at some point in their playing career - absolutely sublime experience :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1388539680' post='2323326']
Everyone should be made to play one of these at some point in their playing career - absolutely sublime experience :)
[/quote]

It would be like wearing beer goggles on a night out.
It might be fun at the time but I couldn't look at it in the morning and hope it left in a taxi before I woke up.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1388540048' post='2323331']

It would be like wearing beer goggles on a night out.
It might be fun at the time but I couldn't look at it in the morning and hope it left in a taxi before I woke up.
[/quote]

You have to see, feel & play one in the flesh to really appreciate them.

I thought pretty much the same as you until I actually got to try one. Just a fabulous bass and really inspiring to play - you'd wake up the next morning wanting to go all over again (unlike your average beer googles lass, lol).

I actually quite enjoyed it, I've never seen Haim before and I thought the bass faces rivalled my own ( I was number 13 in the basschat bass face comp a few years ago - lol) and he AJ presentation was stunning, takes allsorts eh.Anyway im a bit on the merry side as the wife/kids are in bed and I've been assaulting the brandy/port. HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1388535464' post='2323263']
WARNING..........WARNING..........WARNING

If you think Jools is bad then please do not be tempted by turning on the radio.

Johnny Vaughan is on Talksport. So unless you want to hear this buffoon talk endless moronic drivel usually about himself then avoid at all cost.
[/quote]

I thought that's what all radio DJ's did ?

I had the misfortune a short while ago to be stuck in a car travelling for 6 hours, not my car and not me driving.
I had to put up with Chris Evans (this is way before my usual wake up time too :D ), who has to be the most annoying person on the planet, this was followed by some scots dick who I think was suffering from dementia. Then some abysmal phone in show, where lots of people who almost certainly read the Daily mail and haven't quite woken up to the fact that the year is 2013 phoned up and talked nonsense, then there was to cap it all, as if the previous 3 hadn't been bad, Steve Wright !

Edited by ambient

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1388539680' post='2323326']
[/quote]

A Fodera 6 is my dream bass :D .

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1388542500' post='2323353']
I thought that's what all radio DJ's did ?
followed by some scots dick who I think was suffering from dementia.
[/quote]

That would be Ken Bruce. I nearly split my whisky reading that. You're not wrong.

There's a lot I didn't like, but I'm going to keep my post positive... I thought Laura Mvula was great (despite seeming to have aged ten years) and, regardless of what you think of the looks, Dave Swift's Fodera sounded superb.

Edit: I only watched till about 12:30, so maybe there was better stuff after that.

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1388544038' post='2323368']

That would be Ken Bruce. I nearly split my whisky reading that. You're not wrong.
[/quote]

Don't knock him, pop master is a part of my daily routine

Didn't see the show last night, read the thread to see if it was worth catching up on