Why become a member? ×

Weather Report 'Heavy Weather' bass transcription?

thebassist

Thanks a lot gentlemen but I actually made the wrong request - I should have asked for bass tab.

While my playing ability is OK from being in various bands for twenty odd years, my theory is at beginner level - I'm currently studying Rock School grade 3.

I'd like to get hold of the bass tab so that I can play along with the Heavy Weather CD.

While I agree, I'm simply not going to be able to learn to read music as quickly as I'd like which is why I'm taking my grades now - I completely understand that there are no short cuts to learning to read music but I do need to be able to play Birdland and Havona by next Saturday so needed the tab. I'll be able to learn and play the bass part while playing along to the CD.

I myself am not amazing at reading music but I have some ability to do it.

I learnt by putting myself in a situation where I had to learn to do the gig (pit work).

So perhaps for you, this could have been the best situation to do it. But saying that, you have to play Jaco.. So perhaps not! :P

Anyway, good luck with the songs and with your grades :)