Why become a member? ×

New Years Eve Payment 90 Days

deepbass5

Sounds like a good excuse to significantly increase what you charge for the gig, due to the hassle factor. Sounds to me as if the Hotel chain, or the agency that works for the chain, are having cash flow issues. I'd be worried about ever getting paid at all.

Edited by gjones

90 days is ridiculous , how many b2b contracts are there working on 90 day terms? 14/28 is more the norm and anything over one month usually by agreement :huh:

edit

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1388398093' post='2321436']
Sounds like a good excuse to significantly increase what you charge for the gig, due to the hassle factor. Sounds to me as if the Hotel chain, or the agency that works for the chain, are having cash flow issues. I'd be worried about ever getting paid at all.
[/quote]

possibly this

or maybe they just have ideas above their station and think their corporate arrogance thinks they are so big that they can dictate terms and conditions so heavily and unfairly biased in their own favour

never ceases to amaze me how since the whole legal personification of corporations thing came into being that big-corps really do seem to like to adopt and eschew all that is worst in human nature <_<

Edited by steve-bbb

90 days payment terms us a bit of a piss take in my opinion, at work we try and get our suppliers to agree to 60 days from month end, but unless we have a lot of clout with them it normally ends up 30 days.

Edit: I should also add, we're a manufacturing company who have regular orders with these suppliers, for infrequent or one-off orders I'd expect to pay in advance.

Edited by Graham

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1388398729' post='2321449']
When did you find out? If it was clear when the booking was made then I suppose you are contractually obliged - but if you only found out today - I would tell them to go look for another band, at one day's notice B)
[/quote]

yes this i like this :D

and let us know the outcome of their frantic scrabbling and grovelling to find a replacement

When did you find out? If it was clear when the booking was made then I suppose you are contractually obliged - but if you only found out today - I would tell them to go look for another band, at one day's notice B)

[/quote]
+1
I'd tell them to shove it,they are clearly taking the piss.

[/quote]

This.
If it is in the booking contract then you are stuck. But if not, I would not do it unless they change the terms.

[/quote]

+1, unless it's a massive earner or you're letting down fans, don't do the gig
C

It was not a surprise but dawned on us when we took the booking that that was how long it took to get paid when we played there last time. It is also through an Agent, but we do know him and have been working with him for over 30 years.
But as stated above, this is why the country is in a mess, because small businesses cannot get the money in because big companies are dictating the rules.

I am still waiting for payment from beginning of Dec ...but the company had to resend the cheque so being very good customers, I will wear this.
90 days is utterly ridiculous tho..... but if you agreed, then you've agreed.

It is nice to receive a nice wad that you have all but forgotten tho...

I would tell them in that case I would be playing the songs in April for them. At this late stage they may/may not get a replacement but unless I`d already agreed to this, I`d hold them to ransom and state payment up front (as I would suspect they may renege on payment straight after the performance). Wonder how they`d like NYE with no entertainment - and also how their customers might feel. A good bargaining ploy methinks.

On a lesser note, why do pubs seem to wait until the absolute last minute to come up with the cash on the night? They see you clearing your gear away, they see you load all of it into the cars and they see you hanging around getting in the way of [i]their[/i] doormen trying to get [i]their[/i] punters out of [i]their[/i] venue. Just give us the money and we'll be happily on our way thankyou...