Why become a member? ×

December Composition Competition - VOTE NOW!

Skol303

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1388186894' post='2319375']
Great stuff everyone.
Thanks Dad for the spoiler tutorial. I'm going to test it now...

[spoiler]Dad got my vote this time round. It really captured the quirky humour of the picture and was a really well composed piece. Well done all. Skol was a close second[/spoiler]
[/quote] Agreed, for me it was Dad who completely captured the feel of the pachyderm in bed, which was the task set.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1388224312' post='2319570']
Agreed, for me it was Dad who completely captured the feel of the pachyderm in bed, which was the task set.
[/quote]

Yeah, I love Dad's. I don't vote on interpretation of the picture though, as to me the picture is purely inspiration, but I liked all the entries. Dad's got my vote as the piece was really lovely and I got a visceral reaction to it.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1388229988' post='2319657']
Yeah, I love Dad's. I don't vote on interpretation of the picture though, as to me the picture is purely inspiration, but I liked all the entries. Dad's got my vote as the piece was really lovely and I got a visceral reaction to it.
[/quote]

Yes, it does that to me too :blush: , but I've got some pills now that help. B) :lol:

Thanks for the vote, of course. Close call, huh..? Who'd 'ave thought it..?

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1388234636' post='2319732']
Well, when there are T-shirts up for grabs it looks like you get focused :lol:
[/quote]

...and not just [i]any [/i]T-shirt, either..! A Basschat polo, no less..! Enough to focus anyone, I'd have thought... :gas:

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1388234728' post='2319735']
we should all get t shirts
[/quote]

Well, if we can arrange things so that everyone gets exactly the same number of votes, we'll start negotiations. ;)

[quote name='kingofthestuntmen' timestamp='1388264866' post='2320260']
My attention keeps being drawn to the 'sleeping face' on the left side of the pillow every time I look at the pic... Anyone else see this..?
[/quote]

Are you sure you're not dreaming it..?

...or maybe it's a pillow with 'memory effect'..? :rolleyes:

Bloomin' 'eck! Just catching up with this and wow... I don't think we've ever had two such clear front runners before.

Great tracks all round and well done to everyone on the voting. There are still several days to go, so keep it up!

I've yet to vote myself. Need to listen thru them all again as it's a tough choice ;)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1388266438' post='2320281']
Bloomin' 'eck! Just catching up with this and wow... I don't think we've ever had two such clear front runners before.

[/quote]
Totally thrilling stuff. I'm hooked on the voting this month. Both great tracks one of them has the edge for me though. This is a pretty high vote this month already.

Not sure about 'record', but certainly the closest-run between any two (assuming, of course, no last-minute sprint from the other worthy candidates...). Suspense, yes, but I feel that, in the end, quality will out, and I'll be very happy to concede defeat if/when Big Al passes the post. After all, I voted for him..!
Still, another whole day to go, and, who knows, enough folks could be sloshed enough to tilt the balance another way. Yet another reason for looking forward to 2014, maybe..? We are well past the 30-ish which I thought would be a decent turn-out. Far short of the 220 or so on other votes, but decent enough (although, as they say, the 'Fat Lady' hasn't sung yet..!) B)

Edited by Dad3353

Bugger me, and I thought it was a difficult choice last month!

(And apologies for my non-participation this month - I barely had time to sit down and play around with any ideas, let alone to get any inspiration.)

Dad: daft as a brush, in the most entertaining possible way. I love the march feel on the drums.
Al: gorgeous bass playing - I would expect nothing less from you!
Lurksalot: this is a damn site better than the usual barrage of Slade/Wizzard/Cliff Richard/etc that forms the background of every winter. Really nice vibe.
Leonard: I love this. I started listening through the final entries yesterday before I got interrupted, and that chorus has been going round my head ever since.
Theboy: lovely. Really lovely. As everyone else has said, you could have stretched that one out for a lot longer - but maybe best to leave 'em wanting more, eh?
Skol: sinister. Really sinister. I think I might be sleeping with the light on tonight. (If I'm sober enough to find the light switch in the small hours)

I still can't decide who to give my vote to...

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1388500131' post='2322714']
Bugger me, and I thought it was a difficult choice last month!

Theboy: lovely. Really lovely. As everyone else has said, you could have stretched that one out for a lot longer - but maybe best to leave 'em wanting more, eh?

[/quote]
For me this month there was a track that ticked all the boxes with a very close second place.

Thank you for your kind comments EMB I normally write the months entry then chop it down to entry/verse/chorus/exit... I think that's enough for people to get the idea. However this month I genuinely wanted to make this one longer but didn't have the time. Typical.

Cruelty, it is; sheer downright cruelty. I was nicely resigned to coming a splendid 2nd, and now this. Really; some folks have no consideration. Luckily I don't have heart complications, there's always that. Still... Pff... Some folks, eh..?
(...[i]stumbles off, grumbling faint grumblings into the darkness of the fading year... "Some folks just can't leave well enough alone. I should 'ave known better, and done a rock opera, instead... ...and what if it's a dead heat, eh..? Half a polo..? Where's the good in that, I asks yer..?"[/i])