Why become a member? ×

N.B.D

TheRev

New baby day!

Tiny Rev (or Evelyn, as Mrs Rev insists we call her) was born this afternoon. Mum and baby fine, Dad very tired from lack of sleep and with serious cramp in his left arm from holding baby all evening.
Thanks for all the good wishes over the last few weeks!

Cheers all,

Dave.

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1387838944' post='2316436']
...and with serious cramp in his left arm from holding baby all evening.
[/quote]

It's criminal the degree to which women overlook the pain a father endures in childbirth :D

Congrats mate, a new baby, the only thing in the world better than a new DB

C

Rev, I seem to remember from previous post that Danny Thompson is you favourite bass player. Check out his album "Connected". Of course there is some great playing on it, but more to the point, my wife and I played it at bedtime for our baby daughter over her first few weeks and she slept brilliantly with it: we edited out a couple of more uptempo numbers, the rest is really relaxing and much better than all the plinky plonky lullabies CDs.
I am so excited for you both! Babies are brilliant!!

Edited by Rabbie

Thanks for all the tips everyone! Mum and little Evie now back from hospital and getting ready for our first family Christmas.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1387841578' post='2316461']
Huh, I thought you'd got a new bass!

Congrats anyway :-)
[/quote]

I know - sorry to pull your chain. I did actually buy a new bass last month in preparation for never having any money for basses ever again

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1387842930' post='2316478']

It's criminal the degree to which women overlook the pain a father endures in childbirth :D

Congrats mate, a new baby, the only thing in the world better than a new DB

C
[/quote]

I tell you mate -labour was awful, at one point my fingers were so crushed that I thought I'd never play bass again. And did anyone care? Did they arse....

[quote name='Rabbie' timestamp='1387879853' post='2316677']
Rev, I seem to remember from previous post that Danny Thompson is you favourite bass player. Check out his album "Connected". Of course there is some great playing on it, but more to the point, my wife and I played it at bedtime for our baby daughter over her first few weeks and she slept brilliantly with it: we edited out a couple of more uptempo numbers, the rest is really relaxing and much better than all the plinky plonky lullabies CDs.
I am so excited for you both! Babies are brilliant!!
[/quote]

Cheers Rabbie, I'll check that out. Despite loving Danny's playing, I don't have any of his solo albums. I'm aslo very into my post-rock and I've already got decent playlist of the mellower Sigur Ros, Explosions in the sky and Mogwai tracks. In addition to getting her to sleep it will also be a good education in music, unlike Mrs Rev's Madonna and Micheal Buble albums.

So far, so good Geoff! Every day is different but we're getting into the swing of things and working around her feeding times - at the moment it's change-feed-sleep on a 2 - 4 hour cycle. I've actually found that the 2 hour ish gaps between feeds is just the right amount of time to get some bass practice in....