Why become a member? ×

Hi I'm Newish (no not jewish)

pockethammer

Hello Everyone,
I've been kicking about this site for a wee while now & I think it's long over due that I introduced my self!
I'm John, I'm 41, got all my own teeth & hair, (maybe not as many teeth as I should have & the hair is a little more silver than I'd like) I also have a large belly due to overeating & not exercising enuff. Ho hum!
After playing Guitar in my mid teens, I took up the Bass in my early 20's when the bass player in the band at the time gave it up coz he didn't have a clue if he was having a sh*te or a haircut.
These days, play in a covers band with the same drummer as back then!
We play classic rock covers I suppose...... the likes of Free, Led Zep, The Who, Foo Fighters,RHCP, AC/DC, Greenday..... something in the region of 40+ tunes.
It is more of a hobby nowadays as we all have families (I've got 2 boys & a wee princess) but still play locally from time to time & rehearse most weeks to get us out the house for a bit of peace & quiet! :)
Maybe soon we'll get into gigging more again.... I hope so.
Over the years I've all sorts of gear, some of the basses I think were actually fence posts, some of the amps tea chests, but right now I'm playing an American Fender S1 Jazz (natural ash) thru a Boss GT-6B & Ampeg BA 500. There's also other bits & bobs laying about in various locations.

Cheers for letting me in Guys, All the best
John. (pockethammer)