Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Aguilar DB680 All-Tube-Preamp ***MINT***
£842

3Gorillas

Hi,

I am selling an Aguilar DB680 All-Tube-Preamp. This preamp is beyond fantastic, unfortunately discontinued a few years ago. In my opinion (I guess A LOT would agree…) the best preamp EVER.
Warm, round, fat sound with flexable EQ.

Hard to find…

I am selling it because I have 2! One is installed in the studio, this one was my backup (silly idea, as I never had any problems with the main preamp). So after I have not used this one for ages I decided to sell it.

I brought this preamp for check and service to tonehunter (tonehunter.de), got it back last week. Everything fine, I will of course include the invoice. Perfect condition…

Technical conditions 1A+. some lighter scratches on top from rackmount (you can see it on the pictures.).

The softcase is included. If u prefer I could also send it in a SKB-case, your choice.

[b]SOLD[/b]

The preamp is located in Germany / near Bonn.

Edited by 3Gorillas

Absolutely first class bass pre - built to no compromise spec. Extremely versatile but not a plug and play unit. I sold mine recently (lack of use) but would recommend without reservation - one the best bass pres ever conceived and paired with a good compressor is capable of just about anything in terms of top, pro studio tones

Absolutely! But I still dont get why they discontinued the old classics like DB680, DB359 and the DB728 poweramp. I guess each of these amps / preamps / poweramps are kind of the ultimate reference of its class. From an economical point of view might be more reasonable to focus on Tonehammer, but in my opinion these products are the foundation of the excellent reputation of Aguilar.

Anyway, I also have a TH500, DB751 and two 112SL… Love them… Great stuff!

It's all true. I have used mine for the last 5 years and it has had no problems. It sounds so good. The parametric mids are so powerful and the bass and treble tones are utterly beautiful. The build quality is total perfection, if they were being made today I would think they would cost in the region of 2.5K. don't forget the Partridge transformer, too.