Why become a member? ×

My new Thumb!

GreeneKing

I've been GASing for a pre 91 Thumb NT 4 for a while and thanks to Warwickhunt I'm one very happy bunny with this 1990 beauty. I drove over to Blyth to pick it up and coming back went through the Village of Warwick Bridge. If it hadn't have been raining I'd of taken a photo :)

It sounds superb, really ballsy!

Peter

[quote name='budget bassist' post='228810' date='Jun 29 2008, 12:26 AM']Love the neck thru on that! nice looking bass! i never used to like thumbs, but they're growing on me![/quote]

Just let it happen :)

[quote]Are you operating a 1-in, 1-out policy at the moment or is the collection on the rise again?[/quote]

Hiya Nik

I am trying to reduce numbers but with the state of the market it seems that so often I end up trading my basses and 'enhancing' my already excessive collection.

Saying that I am in the process of selling 2 basses.

The Thumb is a dream realized.

Peter

I'd love to claim credited for that bass being in such good nick but I can only lay claim to it being waxed once by me... I only had it in my possession a week as it was taken in trade against my Glockenklang!

It is however a lovely example and I'm pleased it went to a top guy.

Cheers Peter!

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='229225' date='Jun 29 2008, 08:13 PM']Hiya Nik

I am trying to reduce numbers but with the state of the market it seems that so often I end up trading my basses and 'enhancing' my already excessive collection.

Saying that I am in the process of selling 2 basses.

The Thumb is a dream realized.

Peter[/quote]
Nice to see somebody's dream come true!!

But isn't it so difficult not to keep GAS-ing for more and more basses? Years ago, I had a Thumb 5 for a while and didn't get on with it, but just looking at the pictures of your new addition is making me think again about one....

[i]...changes subject..[/i]

So, just how 'excessive' is 'excessive' then and is there anything we can do to help? :)

I think it's an excessive 20! (Possibly 19?) Although I'm not totally certain. One of those is sold awaiting the original owner to raise the funds to buy it back and I've a new bass being made by Alan at ACG :)

Oh and that was a 'fish' for a BBC bite but he's not taking it :huh:

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='231069' date='Jul 2 2008, 06:46 AM']I think it's an excessive 20! (Possibly 19?) Although I'm not totally certain. One of those is sold awaiting the original owner to raise the funds to buy it back and I've a new bass being made by Alan at ACG :)

Oh and that was a 'fish' for a BBC bite but he's not taking it :huh:

Peter[/quote]
Hi Peter.

I always thought 19 was better than 20! That's quite a collection to say the least.. isn't it time for another thread on them with some new photos?

Nik

P.S. what's happened to BBC lately?

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='230256' date='Jul 1 2008, 06:49 AM']Some really nice comments and not one 'I hate Warwicks' post.[/quote]
I've loved that shape since I first saw a photo of one on Jack Bruce... but when I tried one, I found that the body's not much bigger than a Steinberger L-series, and doesn't quite work on me! (5'11", "big-boned").