Why become a member? ×

The greatest Heavy Rock LP ever?

Bilbo

The first vinyl LP of the gendre that I bought. It was worth it just for the sleeve ! I embroided that sleeve on the back of my denim jacket and slept on Stafford station in the freezing cold to see Rainbow as a result of that purchase. All very primitive to today's school leavers who likely think ' catching cold ' is a playstation game but I wouldn't have missed it. 'High noon , Oh I'd sell myself for water....' makes me bleary eyed just thinking about it.

Rainbow Rising fantastic stuff.......got to have Sabbaths Vol 4 in the mix tho'....but there's so many.....sabotage, heaven & hell......also Deep Purple Machine head.....Judas Priest Sad Wings of Destiny.......AC/DC Powerage/Let there be Rock.....could be hear all night lol.
Long Live Rock n Roll.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1386861325' post='2305562']
Machine Head!! Another forgotten gem!!

And 'Burn' (the title track is jaw-droppingly good)
[/quote]

Machine Head.
Sorry Bilbo but any mention of Burn and I just go straight to this. Usually straight to two minutes actually. :blush:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bXl5AwX8Q"]▶ MR.BIG - Burn(Live) - YouTube[/url]

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1386862920' post='2305600']
Machine Head a "forgotten gem"? :o

I'm sorry Bilbo, but only a jazzer could come out with something like that!

No one who had any interest in music during the 70s can possible have forgotten Machine Head.
[/quote]

Wrong Jack, our lass has. Mind, she liked David Cassidy.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1386863664' post='2305619']
I was fond of Judas Priest's 'Unleashed in the East' ('Green Manalishi'!!)
[/quote]

Excellent - I also liked their (brave for a metal/rock band) Joan Baez cover, Diamonds and Rust on the accompanying vinyl EP to Unleashed in the East

I also happened to see them at the Apollo on the UK leg of that door and got front row seats. I touched Rob's boot. Please psycho-analyse that