Why become a member? ×

POP BASSLINES Joe Hubbard

Bassistclem

Just read an interview on Pino Palladinos website that mentioned a book I have containing some of his famous bass transcriptions, Joe Hubbards' Pop Basslines. Apparently they are like golddust and fetch up to $150 in the states :blink: !!! Blimey I could probably book an hours lesson WITH Pino for that kind of money :D ....Anyone else got a copy? Maybe we should we club together and save the third world??? :rolleyes:

My mate had that book back in the day. It had Good Times by Chic and Lessions In Love by Level 42 in it , I seem to remember. It must have tab as well as notation in it because neither myself or my pal can read music . Why anyone would pay $150 for it I cannot imagine . It's a perfectly good book , but I can't see why it would be so collectable.

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Bassistclem' timestamp='1386713412' post='2303662']
Just read an interview on Pino Palladinos website that mentioned a book I have....[/quote]

Could you please share a link to this website. I couldn't locate it.

Thanks,

[quote name='PTB' timestamp='1386745700' post='2303859']
Could you please share a link to this website. I couldn't locate it.

Thanks,
[/quote]
I realise I posted this somewhere into beer'o'clock and went from a Pino interview to a link for Joe Hubbard and eventually to here

http://www.how-to-play-bass.com/pino-palladino.html

I checked on Amazon and indeed they seem to be offered at sums of up to £150 or so.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pop-Basslines-Joe-Hubbard/dp/0825610907

Now trying to find the Pino interview, maybe I imagined that bit after one too many Pear Ciders!
This could be someone oiling the system as it were, but if it's been out of print for some time you never know...

It was transcribed in B flat, the track sounded vary speeded, wonder if he played in A where its quite easy with open strings to octave from or in b flat.
I do remember the Nick kershaw transcribe having the most glaring error, until I learnt about key signatures....

Edited by spacey