Why become a member? ×

Mama - Genesis Tribute

ead

Heads up for all prog and in particular Genesis fans on here. Our very own (I'll fill in his site name when I can remember it) plays bass for them and I had an absolutely splendid 3 hours of nostalgia last night at their gig in Bacup.

Nursery Crime right through to nearly the end of their recording career (Genesis that is). If it's your kind of thing check them out, best Genesis tribute I've heard and I've been to a few.

And John is a top bloke as well. I was due for an audition with them 3 years ago on a Sunday night. Set off, got stuck for two hours on a closed M6 didn't make it. He was really sympathetic when I rang and explained, despite studio etc being booked and paid for. Didn't get the gig :P. Gutted in many ways at the time, but having seen them and the bass pedals that are used I would be knackered just by the Riverdancing. Go see em if you like early
(proper) Genesis

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1386587889' post='2301718']
And John is a top bloke as well. I was due for an audition with them 3 years ago on a Sunday night. Set off, got stuck for two hours on a closed M6 didn't make it. He was really sympathetic when I rang and explained, despite studio etc being booked and paid for. Didn't get the gig :P. Gutted in many ways at the time, but having seen them and the bass pedals that are used I would be knackered just by the Riverdancing. Go see em if you like early
(proper) Genesis
[/quote]

Having being the Rutherford in a few other Genesis tribs, I can vouch for (a) the Riverdancing aspect - although there's only one point in the repertoire where I recall having to use both feet and both hands at the same time; and (2) John is indeed a top bloke, having crossed paths with him several times on the circuit with his previous tribute Face Value. So - go see Mama if you get the chance.

Edited by toneknob

Toneknob - John sends hugs n kisses your way fella !

I really enjoy using the bass pedals (had several sets for different bands in the past), just on the lookout for a twin neck bass/guitar at the moment as well to try and get the authentic Rutherford thing going on...of course I will have to learn how to play guitar first, but why should I let that stop me buying a new toy :D

Really enjoyed the gig although it was odd having to break the set up so the camera guys could change there Tapes/magic hamsters or whatever they used...

And here is a bit of 'In The Cage / Afterglow' taken on a mobile phone.....This is an epic genesis track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmlfEu809rU

Edited by david_l_perry