Why become a member? ×

New line of British/Korean Basses

xgsjx

[quote name='Telebass' post='330246' date='Nov 16 2008, 07:52 PM']EEEK! A TelEB3!

Wrong. In so many ways...[/quote]
yeah - kow what you mean -it does look sort of 'funky' though.
But I'm not sure about the straight edge on the scratchplate and how it blends ( or doesn't ) with the control panel cover ?

[quote name='Alun' post='330217' date='Nov 16 2008, 06:48 PM']I've had an Alden violin bass for about 2 years and have had no problems at all with it. I have noticed the build quality seems a little variable though - they had a few there and the one I bought was by far the nicest :)

Cheers
Alun[/quote]

how much are they paying you...?

seriously, im interested in that six string though.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='molan' post='228226' date='Jun 28 2008, 03:46 AM']I'd spotted the semi as well & quite like the looks:

Kinda Rickyish in places.

£235 for a 4 or 5 string - would love to know what they are like.

As an owner of a Korean Lakland I'm certainly not going to assume that because it's Korean it's rubbish![/quote]

I liked the look of the S-1004F when I was over in the UK last July so I took the gamble and bought one (off ebay out of Germany). It was a risk but I now reckon that this bass is something special particularly in view of the low price. Obviously there were little things that needed attention first up, like the bridge/harmonics were way out and 2 frets were sharp on the edges but apart from that the bass was ready to go for no additional outlay. It has a really straight neck with good low action and I have no fret buzz. I play my basses reasonably hard and I have no complaints about the playability. It is very well balanced and has an amazing tonal range. I have a selection of basses including Rickenbacker, Fender Jazz, Stringray but this is the weapon of choice currently. Hey, I might have been just lucky with the one I bought but it is definately good value for money. I agree with the blog comment about the logo looking cheap and yes it does detract a little from the visual presentation of the bass. I use the S-1004F at all of my gigs in Australia and it is a topic of conversation with other bass players I meet. This is the first time I have bought a bass that is not a 'classic' and have not been disappointed - and before anyone asks - NO I am not on the payroll !!

Cheers.

[quote name='xgsjx' post='228262' date='Jun 27 2008, 07:55 PM']Headstock looks very Ibanez. Nice looking bass tho. Bet in 5-10 years they may be 5X the price, if they make some rep that is.[/quote]

LOL!
Swap it for 2-over-3 config and it's almost EXACTLY the same as my BTB 5-string.

OK now I got GAS...these looks so sweet...but like many I've tried they might have shoddy fretwork...
I hope not, we need an English version of SX.

OMG, this bass is gorgeous. I mean, it's just a korean made bass. IF ONLY IT WAS RED, i would have bought it immediatly. let's face it, a bass must be cool looking in the first instance!