Why become a member? ×

SOLD Alleva Coppolo LG 5 standard Now £2100 (€2500)
£2200

galore

[color=#ff0000]SOLD[/color]

I'm putting up for sale my alleva coppolo lg5 standard bass. I'm still not really sure I want to sell it but it's just not used as much as such a bass should be. It's 3 years old, always taken care of. However, the first time I put new strings on one of the small screws holding bar above the nut came out when tightening the strings because it was barely screwed into headstock (and I blame Jimmy for that as no one in their right mind would double check every screw on a "straight-out-of-the-factory" bass of such fame and price). This resulted in slightly splintering the surrounding area on headstock - a small piece came off which was later glued back on the same spot after screw was securely tightened back into headstock. This is solely aesthetical and absolutely doesn't affect playability nor does it compromise any other functionality of bass. Then there are some other minor dings on the side and back, most very small and seen only at right angle and light. I tried to document everything of pics so it can be seen below.

Other than that, it's '60 string spacing, passive and active modes (via push-pull volume knob), sky blue finish with matching headstock, hipshot tuners and standard plate bridge. Despite the initial setback on day 1 the bass later turned out to be an amazing piece, a true workhorse which never ever let me down on gigs and in studio. I always received compliments about sound. It goes from deep and very organic with neck pickup to biting and extremely articulate with bridge pickup and some technique adjustment. The tone knob is especially useful for taming high frequencies and enhancing the mid and mid-high frequencies, thus providing a more punchy and barking tone. Tons of different sounds but all of them one step above typical jazz bass sound. It works very well with effects, too. As stated before, I would really hate to let it go but I can't justify keeping it in bedroom either.

Edit: weight is between 3,5 and 4,0 kg, shipping in gig bag and altogether in another shipping package, stuffed with styrofoam. I will ship it insured only.

It comes in a sturdy and ergonomic gig-bag (it even has its own "raincoat" :)).

Trades update: I'm interested in 50th anniversary thunderbird gibson bass + cash my way or fender american vintage series '63 P bass (would also consider '58 P and '64 jazz).

Below are some pictures.

Notice the small dent where left screw comes into headstock:

Small dent on the right:

Edited by galore

Hi Galore, I'd like to propose a trade with an amazin Sadowsky NYC5-24 VTC. Mint conditions, it sounds great, original case. In case you are interessed let me know via pm I will provide immediately detailed pictures and further description. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...