Why become a member? ×

Micro head lead restraint

V4lve

The other option is to put the head on the floor, behind the cab, once you've got the levels set and run the instrument lead under the cab.

This has the advantage that:
A, you're head cant fall to the floor

and

B, you haven't got that horrible bit of lead to stand on, where it drops down from the head, and potentially damage the jack socket in the head.

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1386263486' post='2297948']
The other option is to put the head on the floor, behind the cab, once you've got the levels set and run the instrument lead under the cab.

This has the advantage that:
A, you're head cant fall to the floor

and

B, you haven't got that horrible bit of lead to stand on, where it drops down from the head, and potentially damage the jack socket in the head.
[/quote]

I played a gig at king tuts once where I was plugged into the DI box down on the floor next to and a tiny bit behind my amp.
At some point in the first song I managed to jump onto the end of the lead and half shear it off- so if I moved the signal cut out.... I spent the whole gig stock still right next to the amp (and stage lights) for fear of loosing my signal.
I only worked out what it was at the end of the gig when I unplugged and it fell to pieces in my hand!

Moral of that story is that floor level isn't always great! :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1386265624' post='2298015']

I played a gig at king tuts once where I was plugged into the DI box down on the floor next to and a tiny bit behind my amp.
At some point in the first song I managed to jump onto the end of the lead and half shear it off- so if I moved the signal cut out.... I spent the whole gig stock still right next to the amp (and stage lights) for fear of loosing my signal.
I only worked out what it was at the end of the gig when I unplugged and it fell to pieces in my hand!

Moral of that story is that floor level isn't always great! :)
[/quote]

That's why I was putting it behind the cab. :D