Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£400

martthebass

A late generation 2 BF compact with Roq Solid cover. Both cab and cover are unmarked, the cab in particular looks mint and even has all 4 of its feet! I've only used it on gigs a handful of times as I normally DI through the desk and am happy with the monitor sound. When I have used it I've found it more than capable of holding its own in a fair sized venue with only 12 o clock showing on the LM3 - never really need to push it.

This has the steel grill rather than the silver cloth.

Edited by martthebass

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1386188479' post='2297012']
I'm struggling in my new band to get the sound I need with a 15" .
[/quote]

Just out of interest, what do you feel is lacking in your sound with the Compact? And what makes you think you will get it from a 212? This is quite relevant to me as I did the same thing, buying a Genz Benz 212, but quickly realised that it didn't give me what I wanted... In fact I lost a lot of what I already [i]had[/i]!!

If you like the size and tone of your Compact, but maybe crave more top end - have a look at the TKS H115, I was very impressed when I tried one. There is one in the north east that you might even be able to trial.... just drop WaterofTyne a PM!

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1388278745' post='2320453']
TBH C I get enough top end on stage but it seems to turn into a 'wuff' out front. Ideally I would add a midget but I don't have the space (or the cash). Similarly a new super compact with the HF might do the trick.....
Essentially I was on the look out for someone looking to add a BF compact to their armoury - to me I need a single cab solution.
[/quote]

Well, as I say, I tried a TKS H115 alongside (and with!) my Compact. The tone from the TKS was less mid-rangey, but more top and bottom end - even [i]without[/i] the (adjustable) tweeter on!! The package is a little bit bigger than a Compact, and a couple of kilos heavier; but it is still a very easily portable cab with a great tone IMO.

Hmmm, I've been thinking of getting another cab to go with my Compact (gen 2 as well) and letting my TC RS210 go...
Maybe two Compacts would be a good combination. Would you be interested in a RS210? Or you really only want a RS212? The RS212 is a bit deeper sounding than the RS210 (bigger too)...

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1388760917' post='2325734']
Hi M,

Tempting but I don't think the 2x10 will be sufficient for my needs.
[/quote]

When I tried the RS212 and the RS210, the 212 had a bit more "oomph", that's for sure. The RS210 was still really good, and the smaller size swayed me towards it. But the RS212 has a bit more depth to it, so you may be right. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would like this to move as I could do with the space so I'll make one sensible reduction to £380. If it doesn't sell at this I'm sure I'll find somewhere for it to live ;-)........I can see the discussion of 'at least I made the effort' with swmbo going well!

Seems that cash is a bit thin on the ground at the minute so will also entertain trade offers as per:

800/1000 watt pa amp of the peavey or QSC quality plus cash my way

Road worn 60s Jazz plus cash your way

Edited by martthebass

[i]Funny old world Mart ,A few months ago these were flying off the shelves,I would have this if my line6 ever goes.two sales two no show's.anyway keep smiling ,It will go eventually ,Can't say have a bump as you are at the top anyway ,Best Rich :) [/i]

You're not wrong Rich. I always say to people don't ever buy something I buy even if it's great and the most popular thing going because as soon as I buy one it goes out of fashion lol. As you know mate these are great cabs, certainly the best sounding and loudest 115 I've ever come across - and did I mention it was superlight? This one's mint and looking for a loving new owner. If I had the space (and the money) for a super compact to pair it with it wouldn't have been going. Having said that I'm happy with my mini MarkBass 2 x NY121 rig, keeping the compact as well would be just greedy (and be the cause of serious earache from the other half!).

Edited by martthebass