Why become a member? ×

NAD - Selmer Treble 'n' Bass 50 SV

JapanAxe

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1394838962' post='2395960']
Good work! I love seeing valve gear brought back to life.
[/quote]

Yes, this would be a great [s]way to spend even more time away from my family and burn through huge wads of cash[/s] hobby.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1394839455' post='2395964']
Yes, this would be a great [s]way to spend even more time away from my family and burn through huge wads of cash[/s] hobby.
[/quote]

Quite. I've found it really [s]causes loads of arguments and makes the missus resentful and upset which is not[/s] agreeable.

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1394874536' post='2396130']
I saw the Eagulls at their album release gig at the Brudenell recently and their bass player was using one of these (I think) through an old Trace 15". Sounded solid.
[/quote]
Might have been the 100W version - they look identical apart from the number on the front!

Tried the amp through both BF cabs. Quite hard to tell how loud it really is. There is a point at which break-up suddenly happens, so unless I use a compressor or limiter of some kind, digging in produces very grunty tones indeed. IIRC this is because the amp uses negative feedback. None of my valve guitar amps have this, so they get gradually fat before they become obviously overdriven.

Also there is a 300mV DC offset across the input on the Bass channel. Not sure whether I should worry about that but it does make a click whenever I switch the preamp in on the G&L.