Why become a member? ×

Aguilar AG 4J-HC Jazz Bass pickups

thebassist

I've heard them . They sound great, but I couldn't say that they sounded so remarkable that I was convinced that they were any better than any of the other excellent-sounding Jazz Bass pickups that are on the market nowadays. As I alluded to in the other thread about the Fodera , they certainly don't sound so good that I would replace another perfectly good-sounding set of Jazz Bass pickups with them for the sake of it.

Anyhow, that said, I don't know if you have seen this video, but the audio is pretty good quality and with headphones on you should at least get some impression of how the Aguilars sound in a Jazz Bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2hVC7pkBqI

Yes I saw that video and they do sound pretty good but, like you, I'm not massively convinced they're far better than other Jazz Bass pickups on the market. Hopefully, somebody on here has used them because Jayme, the guy in that video, is an Aguilar endorsee and while I've got no reason not to believe him or anything, it'd be good to get a truly independent opinion if possible.