Why become a member? ×

Warmoth

thedontcarebear

Been busy moving house, messing around with stupid rc cars and buying a new car recently, so not done much in regards of bass, but did put this together not long ago.

Spec is....

Alder Body with Flame Maple top
Special finish top with transparent brown back

Goncalo Alves neck with Ebony fretboard
Straight 10” radius
6150 frets
White corian nut

Gotoh 201 Bridge (black)
Schaller BML Tuners (black)
Schaller Straplocks (black)

Seymour Duncan STC-2 Preamp (18 volt)
Bartolini 9J1 L/S pickups

It has a very deep sound to it, but doesn't get played much as I always use my Sandberg nowadays.

Was immense fun putting it together though, enjoyed that a lot.

Most the stuff was from Warmoth, I already had the preamp, and I got the pick-ups from ebay (America though again), not sure on total cost, but wasn't at all cheap especially when being hit by the import tax when it arrived, I gave up trying to work out what I paid when I realised that it was must be a lot, haha, could have got an American Fender Jazz instead for less I am sure, but that wouldn't have looked so stunning.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='paul, the' post='228310' date='Jun 27 2008, 09:38 PM']The neck and fb are stunning, and beautifully matched to the body.[/quote]

I got it all from the showcase so I knew what they would look like, well, I thought I did, but they looked even better when they arrived, I was very very impressed.

Gonna have a mess around with it this weekend again as I wasn't happy with the setup.