Why become a member? ×

Great new music project feat. Pino on Bass

NJE

Whilst on one of my youtube sessions seeking out new music and generally wasting my life, I stumbled upon a new project that Pino is playing on. Its being put together by a guy called Simon Wood Harris and is so far called Unidentified Flying Project.

He has got some amazing people playing on the tracks; Pino, Dave Weckl, Kipper Eldrige, Robbie McIntosh, Dominic Miller amongst others. There is one full song on youtube and a few 'making of' videos, but I am really liking the snippets I have heard, it sounds a bit like Dave Matthews to me (Jon Kenzie the singer has hints of Dave Matthews and Paul Carrack in his voice to me) and Pino is as classy as ever.

http://youtu.be/G0ilQQjRbTg

Edited by NJE

Here is the website: http://simonwoodharrismusic.co.uk there are a few full songs on the music section via sound cloud. I am told there are ways of getting music downloaded from sound cloud, but not sure how to do it. I don't think there is any release due any time soon.

Jeremy Stacey on Drums , nice guy, I went to his studio in London and he made us a very nice espresso.
(not often I get to name drop so please forgive me. not as glammerous as it sounds I was there to remove a grand piano that he'd sold)
Can't say for certain but it could be where that video was shot.

Edited by Dom in Somerset

Drummer mate just sent me this link to, nice find :)

Here's the 'making of' video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFzDwdKVRak

Decades ago, I used to go and see Kippers band One Nation quite a bit, mostly at the Marquee I think.

Absolutely loving this. In fact I'm loving how much of this kind of music is so accessible these days- Soundcloud, YouTube and Facebook are throwing up some real gems. This, Brother Strut, Shuffler and Dirty Loops are all projects that could have normally passed me by but I'm grateful that they haven't.

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1386273038' post='2298186']
Absolutely loving this. In fact I'm loving how much of this kind of music is so accessible these days- Soundcloud, YouTube and Facebook are throwing up some real gems. This, Brother Strut, Shuffler and Dirty Loops are all projects that could have normally passed me by but I'm grateful that they haven't.
[/quote]

I have found some real great bands and music through youtube and facebook etc. If you like Brother Strutt and Shuffler you would probably like Cut The Funk, I started a thread about them some time ago but a google search will bring up youtube clips, facebook etc......gotta love the internet.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1386065205' post='2295108']
It sounds very nice indeed. What gauge strings is Pino using? They look very light.
[/quote]

Thomastik flatwounds on his '62 P which are crazy light. Not a fan personally but Pino manages to make them sound great as always!

The song is boring for me. All the best players in one room with no decent material to work off is what it comes off sounding like.

I was inspired

[media]http://youtu.be/9qIaUqO35UM[/media]

No I am not mimicking Pino

Its not rehearsed and its full of mistakes..!!

But, I enjoyed myself....

Also the first Vid I've recorded with my £80 Yammy...

Cover Your Ears..!!!!!!!

Edited by ZenBasses

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Just jammed along to it. Sort of. Thought I could hear some echoes of Paul Young and Mick Hucknall in the singer's voice. For me, the track slightly ran out of puff and direction about 2/3rds way through. Pino lifted the middle instrumental with some nicely understated playing but, overall, I felt the song lacked sparkle/bounce/interest/hooks. That's just me though.

16 minutes ago, solo4652 said:

For me, the track slightly ran out of puff and direction about 2/3rds way through.

Yep, that was my feeling too - quite enjoyed it, but it sort of petered out a touch. I'd be interested in hearing some of the other tracks though.