Why become a member? ×

funky female bass player

KennysFord

[quote name='Oscar South' post='227512' date='Jun 26 2008, 04:58 PM']Didn't like the bass playing though, at all. Or the rest of the band.[/quote]

yeah it sounds really sloppy to me, but she's got a great looking bass :) is it an F bass? I'm just guessing that from the body (bass) shape

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='227525' date='Jun 26 2008, 05:25 PM']yeah it sounds really sloppy to me, but she's got a great looking bass :huh: is it an F bass? I'm just guessing that from the body (bass) shape[/quote] Sloppy?? maybe its because my pc is not that loud.. The bass is an Elrick by the way.. :) I like the music, reminds me of Maceo Parker, but erm..not as good...

Whats the beef with this band??

[quote name='bubinga5' post='227900' date='Jun 27 2008, 11:38 AM']Sloppy?? maybe its because my pc is not that loud.. The bass is an Elrick by the way.. :) I like the music, reminds me of Maceo Parker, but erm..not as good...

Whats the beef with this band??[/quote]

I just don't think they're very good, and its all really clichéd.

Defunkt are an old band, way back from 1977, who have worked with Meshell ndegeocello, Prince, Larry Graham, Talking Heads, you probably think they are cliched because they are doing old stuff. As for the tightness,maybe they are having a bad day?

In fact they were the archetypal band, of funk in the seventies.....IMHO of course.. :)