Why become a member? ×

Just finished my latest 'pimp' project

sifi2112

It still is an Ibanez ! .. only thing I added (hand made by me ! lol) are the ali control plates on the back, partly cos I sanded off so much to get to bare wood that the original plates are now too thick ! rest is all original cept blend pot & input jack that need replacing .. hardware I used wet n dry to remove the gold & stubborn copper layer to get to bare metal .. took forever but now it's done I'm well pleased .. had this bass up for sale a while back but think I'll keep cos it was the 1st decent one I bought bout 5 yrs ago but am more inclined to passive, so might not use for gigs .. we'll see .. like just looking at it !

Black stain & clear wax .. gonna do 2 other basses the same cos I love the feel & look of wax ..

Next project already under way .. will post some pics soon

thanks for the comments guys !

Si

Well you've certainly done a number on it. I like the tango'd look of mine but the weathered look yours has come out with is very cool. I've not come across a higher-spec bass for the money so if it makes you want to keep it, so much the better.

The question, though, is what on earth possessed you to undertake such a project in the first place? I can even dent the polyester finishes on most guitars, much less sand them off!!

[quote name='noisedude' post='230242' date='Jul 1 2008, 01:23 AM']Well you've certainly done a number on it. I like the tango'd look of mine but the weathered look yours has come out with is very cool. I've not come across a higher-spec bass for the money so if it makes you want to keep it, so much the better.

The question, though, is what on earth possessed you to undertake such a project in the first place? I can even dent the polyester finishes on most guitars, much less sand them off!![/quote]Well I was gonna sell cos I wasn't using any more but as there wasn't much interest I decided to see what it'd turn out like .. did all the sanding by hand (never again !)
'unfortunately' lol turned out much better (after 2nd 'proper' attempt) than anticipated & love the wax feel .. so now I have 2 jazz basses that are under going the same (only this time using a palm sander !) .. nearly done .. guess I just like the 'black' wood finish .. come to think of it I had my (red) Harley powder coated last year & did some bit wrinkle black myself ! & de-badged !

Simon