Why become a member? ×

A great You Tube bassist with an amazing StingRay.

bubinga5

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1383990191' post='2271532'] I was going to say something like 'love is blind', but you told us not to ;) She's a decent player, but there's something in the timing and articulation that leaves me feeling completely unmoved. She's ahead of the beat in much of the phrasing and that makes it sound anxious, and there's little dynamics or finesse. Sorry Andrew. [/quote] And her rendition of some of the tunes are justapproxed, not exactly accurate other than that she might be a lass playing a bass, all I see it's a human playing it good or bad, that is all I see. we are in the year 2013, live with it. Jesus dudes, Carol Kay has been doing it for yonks!

My mate Ellen O'Reilly can do that while singing, and looking a whole lot better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Pnz5CogUE

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1384009239' post='2271872']
And her rendition of some of the tunes are justapproxed, not exactly accurate other than that she might be a lass playing a bass, all I see it's a human playing it good or bad, that is all I see. we are in the year 2013, live with it. Jesus dudes, Carol Kay has been doing it for yonks!

My mate Ellen O'Reilly can do that while singing, and looking a whole lot better

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Pnz5CogUE[/media]
[/quote]

Ellen is class !

The only reason I watch bass (or indeed any music gear) videos on YouTube is because I want to hear a demo of the instrument. It's a bonus if they can player in the video is good and I'm not ashamed to admit that a pretty lady player (as with Marta and in this thread, Anna), is certainly preferable to watching a fat, bearded scruff like myself.

As for Anna's Stingray - I like the gold/blue combo but not the scratchplate colour - a gold anodised one would look pretty cool. Besides, it'd go with her hair. ;)

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1384015757' post='2271955']
oh my. why cant you guys just say. yeah Andrew i like the playing and enjoyed it, or no Andrew i dont like it and your a twat. ? :lol:
[/quote]

well, I said I preferred someone to do something with a track rather than crib the notes..and that would apply with any cover band I get to see, as well.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1383992987' post='2271586']
There does seem to be a lot of fascination with cover version posts at the moment.
I had this one sent to me the other day.
Warning - The Bassist ain't got a pair of jugs on show.
[/quote]

This one is infinitely more impressive IMO, great playing throughout the whole band, really tight and pro sounding, great vocals.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1383990435' post='2271541']
Hmmmm it begs the question 'Would the clip have been posted if she didn't have a nice top on?'

[/quote]

i doubt whether most viewers will be waiting with anticipation of how well she handles that long ascending and descending run more likely they were waiting to see just how much those puppys were squeezing out of that top and pressing squidgingly against the top horn of the ray :ph34r:

[quote name='mushers' timestamp='1384292739' post='2275025']
the girl with the stingray has massive ... large Facebook following due to her showing off her talents

seems to be a competent bassist who posts pics of herself in a corset, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining [b]but i think the visuals are enhancing the playing somewhat[/b]
[/quote]

Only a bonehead can't hear past the visuals. Sad really init. But people SEE music really don't they. There's a lot of scenery around the youtube.

Edited by xilddx