Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz bargains?

Mace

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1384509547' post='2277441']
How much are you guys dialing the tweeter in?
[/quote]

Got mine set to 12 o'clock at the moment... haven't had a full volume test yet though, I'll have a tweak around with it when I get the chance.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1384510079' post='2277451']
Got mine set to 12 o'clock at the moment... haven't had a full volume test yet though, I'll have a tweak around with it when I get the chance.
[/quote]

I'm finding just a touch sounds great! Very clear tone.

Despite the odd issues with screws, I still think these are exceptional cabinets.

[quote name='michinho' timestamp='1384514566' post='2277527']
What tubes are used in the Streamliners?

Has anyone replaced there's for different results?

Would like some nice tube grind to my tone if possible.
[/quote]

Mine are stock. For pretty gnarly tube grind:

Have the gain button pushed in;
Lower the volume (left hand volume) to almost off;
DIME the gain.

Then, bring the left hand volume up a touch, and use master for the actual volume. If you don't have the left volume down, it may be incredibly loud!

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1384516006' post='2277556']
Mine are stock. For pretty gnarly tube grind:

Have the gain button pushed in;
Lower the volume (left hand volume) to almost off;
DIME the gain.

Then, bring the left hand volume up a touch, and use master for the actual volume. If you don't have the left volume down, it may be incredibly loud!
[/quote]

Thanks

Can you have the gain switch on and set to clean with a little bit of dirt and then use an overdrive pedal to push it?

Or alternatively have the gain switch off and do the same thing? having a high gain signal going into it. Would this be like having the gain switch turned on?

I hope that made some sort of sense...

[quote name='michinho' timestamp='1384516513' post='2277560']
Thanks

Can you have the gain switch on and set to clean with a little bit of dirt and then use an overdrive pedal to push it?

Or alternatively have the gain switch off and do the same thing? having a high gain signal going into it. Would this be like having the gain switch turned on?

I hope that made some sort of sense...
[/quote]

You could but the overall volume would increase :)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1384516953' post='2277572']
You could but the overall volume would increase :)
[/quote]

ahh cool thanks. Well when I use the overdrive i'd like to get louder anyway so I guess it isn't too much of a problem.

Is there a problem using bass OD pedals with a single tube inside infront of a bass amp with a tube pre such as the streamliners?

What i'm getting at is, would the tube OD in the pedal still effect and "heat up" the tubes in the pre on the Genz?

Again I hope that made sense LOL

[quote name='michinho' timestamp='1384517476' post='2277585']
ahh cool thanks. Well when I use the overdrive i'd like to get louder anyway so I guess it isn't too much of a problem.

Is there a problem using bass OD pedals with a single tube inside infront of a bass amp with a tube pre such as the streamliners?

What i'm getting at is, would the tube OD in the pedal still effect and "heat up" the tubes in the pre on the Genz?

Again I hope that made sense LOL
[/quote]

Probably will :)

It will push your gain into the amp if the pedal is set up with a hot output :)

No problem putting a pedal into a Streamliner.

Kind of pleased these have sold out.

There was serious temptation to try one as an "upgrade" from my old NEOX 212T. I *know* it would have made little difference, but the GAS was just waiting there...

Shame about those "build quality" issues. They're hardly show-stoppers, but don't look like full-on care & attention has been paid during manufacture. Certainly wouldn't be an issue to me at that price!

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1384381699' post='2276130']
it's an English thing, I assure you. And for which I profusely apologise.
[/quote]

"Profusely", eh?
I see a dark future where I try to understand the explanation of that word on Wiktionary, only to fail miserably again. :D

Hey cheers CamdenRob for the pics, hopefully it's just a matter of a few longer screws and foam. However in your comparison pictures there also seems to be a difference in the rear inside wall of the cabinet, in the USA one you can see the end of an extra bit of ply (well I think that is what it is), but not in the MIM ones. I presume extra bracing or that sort of thing. Oh well, as long as it works fine and for the price I can't complain really, just presumed I'd be buying a USA made cab as my Shuttle combo is. I don't think it was too unreasonable for me to have presumed this, I'd better check next time hey :P! Anyhow all things aside I'll try it out and if I don't like it for whatever reason it'll just be another item put on the BC roundabout :lol:.

Edited by jimbobothy

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1384602699' post='2278553']
Roqsolid cover arrived. What a fantastic company! These guys put a lot of our Brit companies to shame. Excellent service and great cover.
[/quote]
how's the fit of your cover ?
Mine is slightly too long so touches the floor on the front & sides,i may return mine so they can shorten it a tad.

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1384604166' post='2278575']

how's the fit of your cover ?
Mine is slightly too long so touches the floor on the front & sides,i may return mine so they can shorten it a tad.
[/quote]

It does touch the floor a little but the wheels are free to move. To be honest I'd rather it be a little longer as if protects it when sliding into boots, etc