Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz bargains?

Mace

[quote name='omikin' timestamp='1386073308' post='2295245']
I've just succumbed to the Streamliner 900 from GAK at a great price (£485 delivered, with a gig bag thrown in gratis). I wanted something more powerful as my new band is a wee bit noisier than my other band. Reviews here seem good, and I would probably have spent similar money on something second hand with similar power, so I'm keen to get my hands on the Streamliner and really open it up.

What a bargain!
[/quote]

GREAT amp and a fantastic price.

Streamliner arrived this afternoon. I've only been able to use it at "domestic" volumes, but I really like how it sounds. Can't wait till band practice on Sunday when I can try it out at volume.

And the build quality - so well put together! Feels really solid.

The lady of the house, whilst normally doesn't care, has just said 'why have you got another 2x12 cab?' when I have the Aguilar DB212.

She has a point. I'm running out of space. Unless I can find another area of the spare room for it to sit in I might have to do what I really did not envisage (especially at this silly price) and move it on.

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1386228053' post='2297353']
Just for the record, I am absolutely loving my new NX2 212T.

Reasonably portable and light. Beautifully balanced sound which responds very well to EQ. Very pleased I went for it.
[/quote]

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1386229647' post='2297363']
Very pleased with mine too.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1386228053' post='2297353']
Just for the record, I am absolutely loving my new NX2 212T.

Reasonably portable and light. Beautifully balanced sound which responds very well to EQ. Very pleased I went for it.
[/quote]

Just for the record, I sold mine on (for what I paid for it, so good karma ll round B) ) - it should be collected this evening. I found it heavy and difficult to move around (and I'm no ten stone weakling), with a very scooped but boomy tone (with my set-up anyway).

Good to hear how many people are chuffed with theirs, as it was certainly a good price. Just goes to show how different people's ears and expectations are! :D

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1386237921' post='2297468']
... I found it heavy and difficult to move around...
[/quote]

It's not the easiest to maneuver around to be honest... the wheels and handles are in a bit of an odd position relative to each other. I've got a sack barrow and some luggage straps for mine, easy as anything to get about with it now.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1386238540' post='2297480']
It's not the easiest to maneuver around to be honest... the wheels and handles are in a bit of an odd position relative to each other. I've got a sack barrow and some luggage straps for mine, easy as anything to get about with it now.
[/quote]

Yeah, i must admit, the tilt back feature is hopeless. Lucky it is nice and light, i just carry it most of the time.

cheers

thebassman

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1386250818' post='2297695']
Lucky it is nice and light[/quote]

Depends what you were using before that I suppose... I found it heavy for a Neo driven cab. But then I am used to very light cabs. I'll say no more... B) ;)

Gigged my recently acquired Genz Benz NX2-212T partnered with a new Tecamp Puma 900 over the weekend. I am really pleased with the results. Really creamy lows and a nice cut though in the mids with proper adjustment on the amp eq. LOADS of headroom on these Puma's. In recent weeks I have been partnering the cab with the very fine Markbass F500 but The Puma is definitely a better match with this cab IMO.
My experience to date with this cab, is that it needs to be matched with the appropriately voiced amp in order for it to really sing. Combined with the Puma it really is an excellent pairing
Really suits my needs as I play with a 3 piece rock covers band and often work without PA support.

[quote name='Alec' timestamp='1383748209' post='2268503']
It's hardly voodo! Yes, I use mine with my RH450 and am happy as Larry.

Just checked and I've had mine for over 3 years with no regrets. Yes, I could have saved a whole pile of cash by waiting 3 years, but it's more than paid for itself in that time. Only last Friday I took it to a gig and didn't want to put it down on the wet pavement by the car - but, at that weight, I could just carry it with no problems! When I compare it to the tears of transporting my Trace 1210 combo, it's simply chalk and cheese...

If anyone's doubting, just buy now. If you don't like it, you're likely to be able to make a profit by reselling in a few months.

I might be a little more dubious about a head, though. There were too many ergonomic things that put me off the Shuttle heads (sounded fine, though). But there also appeared to be quite a lot of people with niggles. They were all pleased with the excellent GenzBenz service, but without that it could be a different matter?
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Tried pairing the Nx2-212T with RH 450 over the weekend and was underwhelmed. Have used it with Markbass little mark II/F500 and Tecamp puma 900, the Rh450 was the least impressive by some distance with this cab IMO[/font][/color]

Edited by leroydiamond

Another happy Genz Benz owner here; just taken delivery of a Contour CTR500-210T combo from GAK for £299 with free delivery and a free 10' guitar cable too (I did try Bass Direct first but they were out of stock). Very happy with my purchase, and really pleased with the clarity; my Westone Spectrum LX strung with flats sounds immense! Comparing the Genz Benz with my old 80s Intermusic rig (running a 2 x 12 cabinet) and I can see how much I've been missing at the higher frequencies (and I don't think I'm losing any low-end either). The combo seems very well put together; reassuringly weighty for its size and the covering is a really thick textured plastic that I suspect will be quite tough (probably more so that the TC BG250 combos that had also been on my radar). :D

Edited by HowieBass

LOL oh I know it's lightweight really (my old flightcased Intermusic head weighs the same as the Contour combo) but it's a bit heavier than I imagined for the size - put it this way, I can't see it vibrating enough to go wandering off on some travels of its own :D

Incidentally, looking at the various labels on the cab and the cardboard box it arrived in, it was made way back in March 2012, assembled in Taiwan, shipped to California, then went to Fender in The Netherlands before coming over to England last month!

[quote name='Lee Restarick' timestamp='1387233525' post='2309795']
Has anybody seen more of the incredibly priced NX2-212T's around. Looks like I was a bit late with the GAK offer.
[/quote]

The Basschat classifieds are a good starting point :D
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/223610-genz-benz-nx2-212t/page__hl__genz__fromsearch__1
Not mine btw

• 2 weeks later...