Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz bargains?

Mace

I just pre ordered a NXT-212T from GAK. Was saving up for the Bergantino CN212 but with a price difference of £571!, the Genz Benz at £379 is a must have in my quest for a 1 cab solution. Complete bargain!. Considered going for a Genz Benz Streamliner amp, but as they are seemingly going out of production, I decided to hold off.

I will power it up with my Markbass F500 and consider an upgrade to maybe a Tecamp puma 900.

Anybody here have experience of running the have experience running the NX2-212T with amps other than Genz Benz?

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1383740513' post='2268337']
Anybody here have experience of running the have experience running the NX2-212T with amps other than Genz Benz?
[/quote]

It's hardly voodo! Yes, I use mine with my RH450 and am happy as Larry.

Just checked and I've had mine for over 3 years with no regrets. Yes, I could have saved a whole pile of cash by waiting 3 years, but it's more than paid for itself in that time. Only last Friday I took it to a gig and didn't want to put it down on the wet pavement by the car - but, at that weight, I could just carry it with no problems! When I compare it to the tears of transporting my Trace 1210 combo, it's simply chalk and cheese...

If anyone's doubting, just buy now. If you don't like it, you're likely to be able to make a profit by reselling in a few months.

I might be a little more dubious about a head, though. There were too many ergonomic things that put me off the Shuttle heads (sounded fine, though). But there also appeared to be quite a lot of people with niggles. They were all pleased with the excellent GenzBenz service, but without that it could be a different matter?

[quote name='Alec' timestamp='1383748209' post='2268503']
It's hardly voodo! Yes, I use mine with my RH450 and am happy as Larry.

Just checked and I've had mine for over 3 years with no regrets. Yes, I could have saved a whole pile of cash by waiting 3 years, but it's more than paid for itself in that time. Only last Friday I took it to a gig and didn't want to put it down on the wet pavement by the car - but, at that weight, I could just carry it with no problems! When I compare it to the tears of transporting my Trace 1210 combo, it's simply chalk and cheese...

If anyone's doubting, just buy now. If you don't like it, you're likely to be able to make a profit by reselling in a few months.

I might be a little more dubious about a head, though. There were too many ergonomic things that put me off the Shuttle heads (sounded fine, though). But there also appeared to be quite a lot of people with niggles. They were all pleased with the excellent GenzBenz service, but without that it could be a different matter?
[/quote]
Glad to hear that the cab works well with the RH450. Though not quite voodo, amp and cab matching requires attention. E.g. my mates RH450 does not cut it through my Markbass cabs but sings quite well through the TC cabs

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1383749873' post='2268537']
hmmm.... one of those 212s for me I think....

I'll hang on till they are actually in stock though. My previous experiance of GAK is they list every single item of bass equipment available then try and get hold of it when someone orders it...
[/quote]
Normally I would wait until the item is in stock, but they have a limited supply on order ( six I believe) so I was concerned that they might be sold on pre order before they arrive.

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1383750441' post='2268546']
Normally I would wait until the item is in stock, but they have a limited supply on order ( six I believe) so I was concerned that they might be sold on pre order before they arrive.
[/quote]

Sounds like a wise course of action to me, they are going to fly out the door!

I once ordered a YamahaTRB from GAK... waited for two months then gave up and got a refund.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1383751466' post='2268561']
Sounds like a wise course of action to me, they are going to fly out the door!

I once ordered a YamahaTRB from GAK... waited for two months then gave up and got a refund.
[/quote]

Hopefully this is a one off from GAK. Otherwise there will an army of unhappy Basschaters.

Guest bassman7755

very tempted by a streamliner at these prices, despite the fact that I already own 3 other class D mico-amps :ph34r:

Edited by bassman7755

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1383819195' post='2269428']
I've emailed Roqsolid, pointed them to this thread/the offer, and asked if they can offer a discount if we all start ordering.

:)
[/quote]

This is a great idea. However GAK do not actually have the cabs in their warehouse yet. Ok, all should be good to go by the end of next week according to GAK, but you never know. I would prefer to wait until I actually have the cab in my possession, then get the cover.

Just wondering would Bassdirect/The Bass Gallery match the price that GAK are offering these cabs for?